Help Modifying a piece of VBA (1 Viewer)

dale_j1992

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:27
Morning All :),

I Hope everyone is well.

I am still fairly new to access, and not a frequent user so go steady on me please.:eek:

With a current database i have this piece of VBA code that checks a barcode has been entered on the previous station/table before you can scan in on the current station.

We now however have a certain part number that doesn't get scanned at a station is there a way to edit the code below to achieve this.

Private Sub TxtBarInp_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

Dim Answer As Variant

Answer = DLookup("[BARCODE]", "tbllogGEARCUTTING", "[BARCODE] = '" & TxtBarInp & "'")

If IsNull(Answer) Then
MsgBox "CRANKSHAFT HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED OFF AT GEARCUTTING CELL" & vbCrLf & "Please Contact your T.LEADER.", vbCritical + vbOKOnly + vbDefaultButton1, "Duplicate"

Cancel = True
Me.TxtBarInp.Undo

End If
End Sub

The Barcode we are scanning is 12 digit 110007312345, the first 7 digits are the part number and the following 5 the unique identifier.
its the 1100073 part number that i want the code to exclude from the check on this station.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards

Dale :D

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You can use the Left() function to extract the first 7 characters, so something like
Code:
If Left(Me.TxtBarInp ,7) = "1100073" Then Exit Sub

Run before your DLookup() should suffice.

dale_j1992

Registered User.
Local time
Morning Minty :)

Firstly many thanks for your reply.

This method worked great, however i have just thought i can secure the process much better with a small adjustment. i just think i have a few issues with way i am laying the code out.

Private Sub TxtBarInp_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)

If Left(Me.TxtBarInp, 7) = "1100073" Then

Dim Answer As Variant

Answer = DLookup("[BARCODE]", "tbllogBALANCING", "[BARCODE] = '" & TxtBarInp & "'")

If IsNull(Answer) Then
MsgBox "CRANKSHAFT HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED OFF AT BALANCING CELL" & vbCrLf & "Please Contact your T.LEADER.", vbCritical + vbOKOnly + vbDefaultButton1, "Duplicate"

Cancel = True
Me.TxtBarInp.Undo

End If

Else

Dim Answer As Variant

Answer = DLookup("[BARCODE]", "tbllogGEARCUTTING", "[BARCODE] = '" & TxtBarInp & "'")

If IsNull(Answer) Then
MsgBox "CRANKSHAFT HAS NOT BEEN SIGNED OFF AT GEARCUTTING CELL" & vbCrLf & "Please Contact your T.LEADER.", vbCritical + vbOKOnly + vbDefaultButton1, "Duplicate"

Cancel = True
Me.TxtBarInp.Undo

End If
End If
End Sub

I thought this code would ensure the part was scanned on the previous station, but if the part number was 1100073 it would check the part was scanned on the station 2 previous.

Any pointers?

Cheers :cool:

dale_j1992

Registered User.
Local time
Morning Isladogs,

I apologise, having read the link i fully understand what you mean.

Sorry for any issues my cross posting has caused, i was just being a little naive hoping to get help quicker.

Kind regards

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No problems. Common mistake for new members.
Several of us look on multiple forums but not everyone does so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom