Creating stand alone software from access database? (1 Viewer)

crododo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:53
Hi.
Can somebody tell me is there a way to make stand alone software from access database that user can use without office?
If not how can I protect my database so I can give it to somebody.
Thx

DJkarl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:53
You can distribute your database as an MDE / ACCDE with the Access Runtime, or you can write your program in Visual Studio using Access as a back-end only, compile your program then distribute the EXE and the database.

crododo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:53
do you know of any recomended instructions I can read?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:53
Instructions to do what? Have you made a decision?

What version of Access are you using? The Runtime engine for A2010 is free and is available for download from the MS download site. I should warn you that once the A2013 runtime engine is released (I don't have a date at this point), the A2010 runtime could become difficult to find. MS actively discourages the use of prior versions of Office.

The runtime engine prevents all access to the nav pane and any built-in ribbons or right-click menus so you will need to make sure your app doesn't need anything that will no longer be available unless you create custom ribbons. You can test any application by using the /r switch to force Access to pretend to be the runtime engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom