Access 2007 Report Export to Excel (1 Viewer)

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:43
Microsoft claims that if you install SP 2, then Access 2007 will export reports to Excel.

Has anyone done this successfully? I've run the SP2 and still no luck. Do I need any other combination of components installed, configuration, service packs, compatibility packs and so on in order to make this work?

One interesting thing is that when I do click the button to do the export, the list of formats to export to does not include Excel 2007. Only Excel 97-2003 is an option. Yes, I do have Excel 2007 installed so I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks

SHADOW

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 03:43
No, you're not missing anything. The Built-in Export goes to 97-2003 but not to 2007 (makes sense, eh?).

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
No, you're not missing anything. The Built-in Export goes to 97-2003 but not to 2007 (makes sense, eh?).

Ok, so why doesn't it export...?

Can you confirm that you've exported successfully?

SHADOW

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Ok, so why doesn't it export...?

Can you confirm that you've exported successfully?

SHADOW

I have. But what happens? Do you get an error message? Are you doing manually or using code?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time

Ok, that itself is helpful. I wasn't sure if it's one of those things that "just don't work". At least I know it can work.

But what happens? Do you get an error message?
Are you doing manually or using code?

I'm trying it two ways and both fail:

- This database was created in a previous version of Access, back when you could simply drag the command "Export" to a "file" menu on a menu bar and you could then select different formats to export to. Using this menu in Access 2007 give you a message saying "You tried to perform an operation involving a function or feature that was not installed in this version of Microsoft Access". I assume that's just a nice way of saying that Exporting to Excel is no longer available in Access 2007, despite installing SP2

- The next way is to right click the report in preview mode, select Export and then select Excel. This approach gives me a screen that allows me to select a version of Excel and a location (at least we got further this time). When I make the selection and click ok, I get "Access can't complete the Output operation. The Visual basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the output procedures are not available" followed by a paragraph about reinstalling Access, backing up, security and so on.

Many thanks

SHADOW

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
I may have to try from home in about 4 hours to see what I did. I can't remember right off hand. But is this an accdb file or mdb? And is it an actual 2007 format mdb if it isn't an accdb file? I don't know if it is important, but it will help me try out a few things to see if I can replicate the problem.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
I may have to try from home in about 4 hours to see what I did. I can't remember right off hand. But is this an accdb file or mdb? And is it an actual 2007 format mdb if it isn't an accdb file? I don't know if it is important, but it will help me try out a few things to see if I can replicate the problem.

Good question. I actually try to keep my databases as .mdb so I can work on them using any version of Access I want to. I surmised that MAYBE it needs to be a accdb in order to have the full functionality enabled so I converted this particular database to accdb and I have the same problem.

Thanks again

SHADOW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom