Urgent!! 2013 to 2016 Stops All Functionality (1 Viewer)

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
The IT Department upgraded my computer from Office 365 2013 to 2016. Now, nothing in my Access program works. Does anybody know what is happening?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:30
It would help if you said what does happen now.
Nothing works is too vague to provide specific guidance.

However the first thing to do is check for missing / broken references
Also if your Access version has changed from 32-bit to 64-bit or vice versa there may be other issues to fix.

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
The database opens to the correct form. None of the buttons work. The code is there and everything seems to be in order. I checked the references and nothing is missing or broken.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Were you asked to enable macros? Is the database or its folder listed on the Trusted Documents page?

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
I never checked that. Do the Trust settings go away if you upgrade?

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
They shouldn't, but anything is possible with Microsoft. When I upgraded, all my document extensions got unassigned, and I had to go back and manually fix all of them.

I asked because the behavior you're describing is what you'd get if you chose not to enable macros and told Access not to ask you again.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:30
They shouldn't, but anything is possible with Microsoft. When I upgraded, all my document extensions got unassigned, and I had to go back and manually fix all of them.

I asked because the behavior you're describing is what you'd get if you chose not to enable macros and told Access not to ask you again.

Ηι,

I had something similar in the past and the problem was the office package, before the upgrade everything was fine and after that they install the Office 2016 but not the ProPlus Edition 2016.!... I fix the problem by removing the existing pack and install from the begging the new MSOffice 2016 ProPlus Edition

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:30
Two more things.
1. Is the yellow security bar and button being displayed?
2. The code can become detached. Check whether 'Event Procedure' is shown in the property sheet for each event with code.

gstylianou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:30
Two more things.
1. Is the yellow security bar and button being displayed?
2. The code can become detached. Check whether 'Event Procedure' is shown in the property sheet for each event with code.

Everything works fine..! Check if you select True the Macros and ActiveX settings...

Learn2010

Registered User.
Local time
Here is what happened. After the upgrade I contacted IT to see if they had encountered the problem before. They had not. After listening to how they are getting rid of Access (not true), I needed to move on quickly, so I asked him to restore it back to 2013. I later posted the question in a different way and got the response that the Trusted files are kept in a different location. That is why it didn't work.

To answer some of the questions above, everything was in order when the files opened. There was no "enable macros" option, there were no broken or missing references, and all the event procedures were in place. I will be upgrading on another computer in the very near future and will try to Trusted Locations option.

Thank all of you for your help.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:30
Hopefully you have a backup copy.
Check to see if the code is still compiled. This might not be recommended but I would try a compact and repair at this point.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:30
I later posted the question in a different way and got the response that the Trusted files are kept in a different location. That is why it didn't work.
And for those who may be interested, here's the link to the other thread. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom