Re-positioning fields on a tabbed form moves all fields. (1 Viewer)

stdua

Local time
Today, 20:49
Hi, I have a strange one. I have a form with three tabbed pages. Each page contains different information. At the top-right of each page is a field and the field on each page displays different information, thus:

Page 1: Bookings. Field at top-right displays booking number.
Page 2: Venues. Field at top-right displays venue ID.
Page 3: Artist. Field at top-right displays artist ID.

I want to re-position the artist ID field at the top-right of page 3 to the bottom-right. In design view, when I click and drag the field, I find that the corresponding field on pages 1 & 2 has been moved to the bottom-left too.

This database is at least 10 years old and I have no idea who created it to ask them!

Thanks for reading.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:49
Perhaps its the same control that has 'bled through so its visible on all 3 tabs.
Check that as follows
In design view click on the control and check its name on the property sheet. Is it the same name on each tab?
OR
Make a backup of the form then delete the control from one tab. Does it get deleted elsewhere?

If so, recreate the controls ensuring each is on one tab only.

Last edited:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:49
If there really are 3 controls and you see different field name in ControlSource for each, this is indeed odd. Do you see 3 different control names in the Property Sheet dropdown list? Use the dropdown to select control then use cursor arrow keys to shift position.

stdua

Local time
Today, 20:49
Thanks for your reply. It's definitely three different controls - the text in Control Source field is different for each one that I click. So strange. Recreating the controls seems to be the best solution.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Worth trying. Check after adding a control that its only visible on that tab.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The control needs to be placed on the tab AFTER the tab page has been selected. Otherwise you have a single control on THE FORM that is either behind the tab control and therefore never visible, or above the tab control and therefore always visible.

try moving the tab control to a different area of the form (in design mode), and see if any controls show up on the form, where the tab control was previously.

note that if you cut a control, and then paste it on to the correct tab sheet, the event references get lost, so you need to select them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom