allen brownes Calendar (1 Viewer)

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 01:01
Has anybody got a copy of the 2000+ version of allen brownes Calendar As the link is broken And want to use it as the one I have I am unable to include with my example because of the copyright issues

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-51.html

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 08:01
copyright with ms access?
if you get it from public forums, and was freely shared, its public domain.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If you want I can email Allen and let him know. Although he no longer updates his website I expect he would fix a broken link.
Alternatively you could use my Better Date Picker which is very similar and more up to date. Can’t provide a link as I’m on my phone but it’s in sample databases and on my website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamweaver

Local time
copyright with ms access?
if you get it from public forums, and was freely shared, its public domain.
No I got it from a book

Edit:
' From Access 2000 Developer's Handbook, Volume I
' by Getz, Litwin, and Gilbert (Sybex)
' Copyright 1999. All rights reserved.

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
If you want I can email Allen and let him know. Although he no longer updates his website I expect he would fix a broken link.
Alternatively you could use my Better Date Picker which is very similar and more up to date. Can’t provide a link as I’m on my phone but it’s in sample databases and on my website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have downloaded it and am trying it I might have to resize it and can it work with your code to open in fixed place Only just added it so haven't had time for a detailed look.

arnelgp

Local time
the code is yours and everyone else that buys the book.
they made the book for the public.

in respect, just mention where you get the source code and the original coder.

i believe in free code. you don't keep it to yourself and die with it.
you let the code live. exposed it. pass it to the next generation. share it so others may benefit.

arnelgp

Local time
see, I get some freebees from one of our contributor.

Dreamweaver

Local time

Dreamweaver

Local time
Found One that does everything I want.

Its One of Peter Hibbs Who does some very nice work It acts just like the system one but has year and month selection plus opens under the opening control Thing is I only need it for 2 date controls on the employees screen that peter Built as part of the holiday planner I updated In the example

Thanks to all who helped

mick

Attachments

• 2019-08-20 (5).png
    2019-08-20 (5).png
    13.2 KB · Views: 400

Dreamweaver

Local time
Thing I like about peters tools they are so easy to use took me 2 mins love the look And he always includs a good guide for those who are still new to access.

Attachments

• 2019-08-20 (6).png
    2019-08-20 (6).png
    61.6 KB · Views: 370

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thing I like about peters tools they are so easy to use took me 2 mins love the look And he always includs a good guide for those who are still new to access.

Yes I agree. Peter Hibbs has created some excellent example apps and his help files are outstanding. Highly recommended.
Best of all probably are his Flexgrid examples. Unfortunately they don't work in 64-bit Access

Dreamweaver

Local time
I need to update it for 64 bit but think I can work it out if not I know where to come lol

Dreamweaver

Local time
Just updated all his APIcalls to 64 bit can somebody check them as I only have a 32 bit system.

Code:
'Store rectangle coordinates.
Public Type FormCoords
    lngX1 As Long
    lngY1 As Long
    lngX2 As Long
    lngY2 As Long
End Type

#If VBA7 Then 'use PtrSafe & LongPtr
Declare PtrSafe Sub GetWindowRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As LongPtr, lpRect As FormCoords)
Declare PtrSafe Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As LongPtr) As LongPtr
Declare PtrSafe Function ReleaseDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As LongPtr, ByVal hDC As LongPtr) As Long
Declare PtrSafe Function GetDeviceCaps Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hDC As LongPtr, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long
Declare PtrSafe Function apiSystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, _
                    ByVal uParam As Long, lpvParam As RECT, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long
#Else
'API Declarations
Declare Sub GetWindowRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As FormCoords)
Declare Function GetDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
Declare Function ReleaseDC Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal hDC As Long) As Long
Declare Function GetDeviceCaps Lib "gdi32" (ByVal hDC As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long

Declare Function apiSystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" _
Alias "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, _
ByVal uParam As Long, lpvParam As RECT, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

#End If
Public Const SPI_GETWORKAREA = 48

'Store for usable area of screen (see frmCalendar code)
Public Type RECT
    vLeft As Long
    vTop As Long
    vRight As Long
    vBottom As Long
End Type

I did find most on WIKE API Except
apiSystemParametersInfo
I will post the topic on utteraccess where I found the calendar for others thanks
mick

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I can't check them at the moment as I'm on a tablet.
You could have saved a lot of time and effort by using another date picker with no API declarations so no conversion needed...;)

Dreamweaver

Local time
I can't check them at the moment as I'm on a tablet.
You could have saved a lot of time and effort by using another date picker with no API declarations so no conversion needed...;)
Lol but it ticked all my little boxes lol

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Thing I like about peters tools....

Thank you for this it's nice to see an insight into what people are thinking.

My original calendar form, which used the defuncted Microsoft calendar control had several buttons on it for + or - a week, month, etc...

And these could easily be modified by the developer.

With regard to the combobox displaying the year selection, I suspect this is driven by a special combobox function that automatically fills the combobox with the years. I have played with this function in the past, might give it a go and see if I can get it working in my calendar form...

The functionality I am able to offer with my calendar form is the addition of a Class Module that simulates the after update event of the control that opens the Pop-Up calendar form.

For example let's say you had a birth date and death date, then in normal use your only option is to fill in the dates and then press a button to calculate the person's age at death.

However with the addition of the Call Called Class Module, closing the calendar form would automatically recalculate the dates.

The other functionality of the Call Called Class Module offers is that it will take the name of the control calling the Pop-Up form from the controls label and display it as the at the top of the pop up form so you know which call that particular operation is related to...

The Call Called Class Module has some other interesting functionality, it will also check to see if the form that the control was called from has been closed. And let you know, avoiding all sorts of interesting problems!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom