Extra spaces in posts (1 Viewer)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 08:22
That's weird - they appear in the edit window if I quote you.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Oh, wait.... no they don't.

I think it's a feature of the message board - it inserts a space to allow very long lines of continuous text to break, so it doesn't force the browser to display a horizontal scrolbar.

Let's try it:
OohEehOohAhAahTingTangWallaWallaBingBangOohEehOohAhAahTingTangWallaWallaBingBangOohEehOohAhAahTingTangWallaWallaBingBangOohEehOohAhAahTingTangWallaWallaBingBangOohEehOohAhAahTingTangWallaWallaBingBang

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:22
It would appear the board is catering for users with 640 x 480 vga monitors. Perhaps it is time we moved on a little?

I can't imagine doing Access design work in that resolution. With the navigation bar and properties window there would be no space left. Size really does matter.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
The width before inserting an automatic break does seem a little short - only 50 characters - it could probably be doubled without causing any major problems, but the concept of the automatic break is sound in itself - message boards of this kind are really horrible to read when something manages to force the page width bigger than the browser window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom