recommended barcode reader (1 Viewer)

jo.ana

Local time
Today, 03:55
Hi everyone,
These are just my beginnings in running a business. My company is growing and there is a need for better warehouse management. I am looking for some advice as to the equipment that I should choose. So some barcode reader? There are a lot of topics about specific problems, but I do not know which reader to go. I was thinking about something not too expensive. I overcame ebay and paid attention to HDWR barcode reader .It is true that some company I do not know about it. but it's not Chinese. What do you think is better to put more into branded equipment or does it not matter? You can advise me

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:55
I usually buy the cheapest I can find. Just make sure that it comes with setup barcodes. Not that you need them, barcode scanners work straight out if the box. But if you are not sure what you are going to end up doing with it, then the codes might come in handy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

jo.ana

Local time
Thank you for your advice. I am glad that I do not have to invest in expensive equipment since the cheaper one also works.
It is not yet the best known in bar code readers, so every tip is valuable. I need to check if the model I'm interested in has such codes

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:55
I doubt if this really needs mentioning, but I thought the info might be handy...

The modern bar code readers are USB. You just "plug in and play"... The older ones had a PS/2*plug and to use one along with your keyboard you used a "Wedge" ... Basically a divider to allow two devices to be plugged into one PS/2*socket. In USB terms, this wedge is analogous to a USB Hub.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Go with a hand held Bluetooth model we use symbol but there are others. The last thing you want is to be tethered to your device, it makes scanning a real pain.

jo.ana

Local time
AccessBlaster you're right I think it's better to give a bit more for the wireless version instead of getting nervous because of the cable. Are you satisfied with the Symbol bar code readers?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Hi jo.ana, we are happy with symbol we also use Wasp mini Bluetooth and a Follet scanners. I will say the wired versions are the most reliable by far. Keep in mind the Bluetooth uses line of sight, about 20' without metal obstructions. They must stay paired to their device, we use notebooks you can use workstations with a dongle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom