Chart Currency (1 Viewer)

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Today, 20:32
I have a chart in a form that displays monthly figures from a query. All aspects of my database that are currency display as currency with the symbol set to £ as per my windows settings, the chart has $

Any ideas would be most helpful.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Assuming you are not using the 'modern' charts, click on the chart and select Edit.
Next click on the axis you want to edit and select Format Axis.
Select the Number tab, then choose Currency. Enter £ for Symbol

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
I guess I am using a modern chart then :banghead:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You notice I didn't give an answer for that... :D
I can't see any way of getting the symbol into a modern chart axis let alone change it
However, I rarely use a modern chart as I still prefer the older version

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
It's only for my use so I don't care too much, suspect it is a bug from our friends at Microsoft but just put it out there in case I had missed the obvious.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
If your field is a currency datatype its just a number with a £ symbol added as formatting. So your chart axis should just be numbers with no symbol. So how did you add a symbol to it?

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
There is a setting in the chart for 'Primary Values Axis Format' which you can set to currency, this seems to achieve the $ sign rather than your universal currency setting.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Gotcha. No method of changing the units other than selecting Euro. That's rubbish!
I'd either use Number rather than currency or change to the older charts

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:32
There is a setting in the chart for 'Primary Values Axis Format' which you can set to currency, this seems to achieve the $ sign rather than your universal currency setting.
I think, I remember a bug causing this behavior, but I cannot reproduce it anymore on Access 2016 Version 1903. (File - Account - About Access).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom