Displaying changing images on a continuous form (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:05
Hi, all--

I am in a situation where bmp images are not being displayed on a continuous form when stored in an OLE Object field, supposedly because of a problem with Windows 7.

To work around, I am trying to display the images as an image using the technique from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285820

It works for the first record but the image stays the same for all subsequent records in the continous form. If I click on a subsequent record, the image will change to the appropriate one--but so will the images for all other records.

This is resolved for a report based on the same data--the report prints fine using "Detail_Print" sub. But not for continuous forms.

Can anyone find a way of displaying a changing BMP image in a continuous form when the OLE process does not work?

Thanks!

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
What version of Access are you using. Access 2007 finally caters for images in Continuous forms.

Simon

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your post.

I'm using a database developed in 2007 but saved as a 2003 mdb to retain user level security. It is used in a 2007 environment.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Then I doubt you can put images on a Continuous Form in Access 2003 because the images duplicate themselves, crazy as it seems it wasn't until 2007 that this was remedied.

Simon

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Even if used in 2007 environment?

Basically the only reason that this is any issue is that a group of my users aren't able to view bitmap images the a OLE server. I'm hearing that this is because they use Windows 7 (it works fine for me in Windows XP).

It seems that Microsoft is making what should be simple quite difficult!!!

Thanks.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
You could look at Refernece Module > Tools > References and check your XP system verses the Windows 7. I have OLE Automation Ticked. I use just the ImageControl and don't have any problems with most image formats jpegs, gifs, or pngs and the one bitmap.

Simon

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked a couple of places and I'm not finding what you are referring to. Where do I find the reference module?

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help. I'll check it out.

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
I have actually discovered that the Access 2007 functioning of images in continuous forms works even when reading a 2003 database through Access 2007.

This is a great finding and solves my problem.

Thanks for your input.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
This was a major change in Access 2007, I went from Access 97 to Access 2007 simply because this feature was included. If the Front End is Access 2007 then it does not matter if the backend is 2003.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom