Even so called professionals get it wrong? (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:27
Present company excepted of course. :D

How is this for logic.

Job Centre online application asks for number of house and postcode, and then you select Find Address. It populates the fields with the address.

So far so good.

Then you try to move on to the next page and an error message appears 'Please enter: Country' ?????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 15:27
Had the opposite experience this week. I uploaded a completely free form resume into a web site and it parsed it out about 98% correct. I was pretty impressed.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:27
I use a well known catalogue store website for my charity work.
To keep track of invoices to orders (as there is no mention of the order number on an invoice) I use a purchase order reference.
It used to just be the date backwards and a digit to indicate the sequence of the order for that day.

That reference kept overwriting the telephone number fields.:banghead:

I advised them of that fact many times, as I would have to call to give the telephone number each time. They advised me that it was very difficult to track down how it was occurring? :confused:

I even had a delivery to my home (billing) address, not the delivery address on one occasion and they complained that the telephone number was invalid. :)

Took then almost a year to correct.:(

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 15:27
I seems to run rampant in the world these days. Makes you think twice about getting on an airplane...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom