Using the same form multiple times with different tablesa (1 Viewer)

urobee

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:12
Hy,
I have a Main form with tabcontrol, + a "data form" and some tables.
Is there any option to use the same "data form" on the tabs but with different tables?

Thanks!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:12
Hi. If you have multiple tables with the same structure, you might not have a normalized design. What are in those tables?

urobee

Registered User.
Local time
It's made for a huge data collecting project.
We collect survey responses from four different areas. (the questions are the same for all four areas)
So my idea was to use the same form because the structure is the same all of the forms and the tables too.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
We collect survey responses from four different areas. (the questions are the same for all four areas)
So my idea was to use the same form because the structure is the same all of the forms and the tables too.
Hi. If everything is the same for all four areas, then you only really need one table and one form. You can still use a tab for each area and simply display the same form in each but with the data filtered to show only the appropriate area. That's where the power of queries come in.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time

If the table structure is the same for each area, then AREA becomes a field in your one table.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:12
If the table structure is the same for each area, then AREA becomes a field in your one table
FYI,
As Mark says this can be easily combined into one table. You can use a union query to do this and then make a new table from that. Regardless of how huge the project is, it would be easy to combine the tables into a single table.

urobee

Registered User.
Local time
@MajP
@Mark_
@theDBguy

Thank You Guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom