world cup football (1 Viewer)

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:37
Any of the forum members planning to go to Germany to see the World cup football matches (Soccer for Americans) this summer?
I plan to watch on TV here in USA.

emcf

Local time
Jacob Mathai said:
Any of the forum members planning to go to Germany to see the World cup football matches (Soccer for Americans) this summer?
I plan to watch on TV here in USA.

unfortunately the scottish team didn't make it (tough qualifying group, honest guv...not that we are crap at football:rolleyes: ) so i didn't fancy taking time off work. my workplace will be showing the matches that happen in the afternoons...the big screen projectors on the dealing floors will be showing the matches instead of the bloomberg market prices! my brother in law and nephew will be going if they can find some tickets though - should be easy enough to pick up some tickets for the less glamourous games.

it will be a good tournament hopefully, dependant on two factors -
1) no hooliganism - although there usually is trouble when holland/germany/england/italy are involved, and
2) england don't win - we still hear of 1966 about once a week:(

statsman

Local time
Today, 10:37
The last time England won the World Cup was 1966...40 years ago.
Oddly enough, the last time the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup was 1966/67.
Both teams seem to have plenty of loud mouthed fans who can't seem to count and who live on the past glories of thier teams.
PS - There's an excellent chance the Maple Leafs won't even make the playoffs this year.

Signed - a former Leaf fan.

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the Official Scotland World Cup Shirt :D

Hay

Attachments

• officialscotland1.jpg
    officialscotland1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 399

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Well at least the footy will be on telly at normal times. Unlike the last world cup when we had to be in work to see the matches for 7am (UK time)starts.

We had the matches projected on the wall at work and all sat round watching it.

Col

Hayley Baxter

Registered User.
Local time
alastair69 said:
Hay,

Have you got your shirt yet.

Nah I haven't......I'm not like some bitter scots, I can cope with seeing England do well. I can cheer them on to the semi final or final stage for example then I have to support the opposition so we don't have to deal with the pain...you know Makes it all the sweeter when it's another glorious failure and all ;) :p

I've had an invite to attend one of the England games actually, I have many English friends you know who are happy for me to go along and watch....I reckon I'll be ok as long as I don't speak...:eek:

Hay

R

Rich

Hayley Baxter said:
I've had an invite to attend one of the England games actually, I have many English friends you know who are happy for me to go along and watch....I reckon I'll be ok as long as I don't speak...:eek:

Hay

But if you don't go you'll never get the chance to witness real football in a stadium :cool: :p

statsman

Local time
ColinEssex said:
Well at least the footy will be on telly at normal times. Unlike the last world cup when we had to be in work to see the matches for 7am (UK time)starts.

Col

Try 3 AM in the Eastern Time zone of N. America. The big question was, do you get up early to watch or stay up late.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
statsman said:
Try 3 AM in the Eastern Time zone of N. America. The big question was, do you get up early to watch or stay up late.
Record it:rolleyes: make sure you avoid the results on the news though:D

Col

statsman

Local time
statsman said:
The last time England won the World Cup was 1966...40 years ago.
Oddly enough, the last time the Toronto Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup was 1966/67.
Both teams seem to have plenty of loud mouthed fans who can't seem to count and who live on the past glories of thier teams.
PS - There's an excellent chance the Maple Leafs won't even make the playoffs this year.

Signed - a former Leaf fan.

Its official, they were eliminated last night.

Jacob Mathai

Registered User.
Local time
US is in the roster

USA is in a tough group with

Italy
Ghana
Czech Republic

Hope we can win a couple games. Chance of winning the World cup is very low for USA, in my opinion.

SSD

Mood: Apprehensive
Local time
USA thwarted the World Champions, who would have thought it? Albeit; by the means of an own goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom