What next? (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:51
I've been contracting in the same place for the last four years or so. The job's still safe - if only because noone else wants to learn it - but I've decided to drop to four days a week, in order to train in something new, just to prepare for the future.

Two areas that have been suggested to me are SAS business analytics and SAP, with an emphasis on ABAP developing. Since I'll be covering the training and/or certfication costs myself, I'm getting as much research done as I can beforehand.

I also trust the opinion of quite a few people on the forum, so I was just wondering if anyone here has direct experience of using either and has a preference, from the perpsective of finding future work?

Any input gratefully received.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:51
Hi,

You have SAS knowledge then why don’t you start some own SAS consultancy business? I came across www[.]sasconsultants[.]com and www[.]sconsig[.]com which are one of the established firms around. Think about starting a small business which could grow mega levels. Get ideas from SAS & SAP related SMB owners which could be doing wonders for themselves.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have the knowledge yet, that's my point: If I'm going to learn one of the two areas mentioned, which is more likely to pay off?

The one-man show I'm currently running is doing fine using Access, I'd just like to expand on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom