Bery basic question about text boxes (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:25
Greetings all--

I seem to recall in earlier versions of Access that when there was more text than the size of the text box allowed, a scroll or something would appear to the right of the control to all scrolling. I don't see this presently (Access 2007). Was I imagining a scrolling capacity earlier?

I have a continuous subform with a the need to minimize the text box size, but it would be nice to have scrolling (especially since "Can Grow" doesn't function).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Paul

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Try setting the field/data type to 'MEMO' rather than 'TEXT'

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, it already is Memo data type.

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:25
Forms can have scroll bars automatically appear if size isn't big enough, but I don't think Text boxes did/do this. In the properties of the text box, you can add a scroll bar, but it seems that the scroll bar option only allows vertical. Alternatively, you could use the zoom feature (Shift F2) to see the entire text box. Also, clicking inside the text box, you can scroll around horizontally to see the information, but it won't change the size of the viewing area.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:25
...I seem to recall in earlier versions of Access that when there was more text than the size of the text box allowed, a scroll or something would appear to the right of the control to all scrolling...
The Vertical Scrollbar appears automatically, by Default, when the Field Bound to a Textbox is defined as a Memo Field. And you can, as has been said, set the Scroll Bar Property to 'Yes' for Textboxes that don't display Memo Fields. Of course, the Scrollbars only appear when the Control in question has the Focus.

...it would be nice to have scrolling (especially since "Can Grow" doesn't function).

Can Grow/Can Shrink
only applies to the printing of Reports or the printing of Forms, which really should never be done.

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom