Local time
Today, 13:36
So as the title states, any F1 fans on here? I know it's large in the UK

I searched and couldn't find a thread about it

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 02:36
I do not follow F1 as closely as I used to, all the politicing and BS over the Canadian GP soured my passion towards it and I have shifted my interest to other series of racing.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:36
Yep I am - a massive fan in fact a big fan of all types of motor sport, I try to catch as many races in different series' as possible.

F1 though is special for me, I turned into a real F1 'geek' after going to my first live race at Silverstone and never looked back, the sound*, the smell, the atmosphere it was simply awesome. If you have any interest in F1 I recommend you go to a live race there is nothing quite like it.

By F1 geek you wont believe how many things I have open during a race ;)

*The sound really did it for me it sounds nothing like it does on TV it's ear splitting loud and you can actually feel the power especially on down shifts, I remember sitting at Stowe and my chest could feel the exhaust 'blow back'. A friend of mine went to Spa and as it was her first race I did warn her to get earplugs but she was na I want to hear the raw sound - got a text on first practice that was basically "HOLY S&*% ITS FOOOOOOOKKKKKKK*******^^^^$$$$$$$ LOUD" :D

G37Sam

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:36
Finally!!!

Luckily, the Yas Marina Circuit is just a 45 min drive away for me and I've been scrutineering for the past two years! So I get to watch in the teams garage while I supervise their work on the cars :)

Here are the pictures I took in 2010: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9151

Can't wait for the 2nd of Nov!

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 02:36
We used to be in the paddocks during race week in Montreal in the 1980s through 1990s with our vintage cars, a lot of people do not realise there is more then just the one race class at the event.
It was always good fun until too many people wanted to be more important then the primary draw of the event (the F1 cars and drivers), so we spectated for a couple of years but it was not the same so we dropped it off our roster.

tinyevil777

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:36
I'm a big F1 fan! In fact, a few weeks ago I had a single seater driving experience at Silverstone... Very very good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom