Is it or not? (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:07
I think there's been enough waffle around the subject and it's time for a straight response to a straight question.

Is it or isn't it? I'd say it definitely is and I defy anyone to present a compelling argument to the contrary.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:07
personally I think it is a definite maybe

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
People have been sitting on the fence for too long: we need a firm answer.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I used to be very indecisive - but now, I'm not so sure.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It depends, which is why it is not a definite maybe.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
It depends on the definition of the two it's...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:07
As I ready myself for bed in the sleepy little hamlet of Metairie, I find myself asking a variant of this question: to be or not to be...

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
It depends on the definition of the two it's...
Ah, under internet rules, I believe this is the point where we get to take the debate off at a pointless tangent.....

Scott, although it's perfectly clear what you meant, you used an apostrophe incorrectly. Terrible grammar, end of the world, etc. ;)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It's probably something like autocorrect doing that. On the iPad its will become it's in some circumstances unless you say no.

Brian

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Ah, under internet rules, I believe this is the point where we get to take the debate off at a pointless tangent.....

Scott, although it's perfectly clear what you meant, you used an apostrophe incorrectly. Terrible grammar, end of the world, etc. ;)

How do you know I wasn't referring to ownership of something... ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:07
I don't this has been resolved to anyone's satisfaction. Or perhaps it is merely that, like many rock music lovers of my age group, I can't get no satisfaction.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't this has been resolved to anyone's satisfaction. Or perhaps it is merely that, like many rock music lovers of my age group, I can't get no satisfaction.

I'm glad that you are happily satisfied Doc

Brian

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
When will the committee meet to evaluate the situation?
Can't go out on a limb here. Need to build a consensus.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If you had put IT in a variable in the first place IT would not have been a problem and IT would have definitely been IT. At lease that is what Bill Clinton told me what IT was. On a family form I can't tell you what Hillary told Bill what to do with IT.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:07
Cousin IT from Adam's Family? Cute, but hard to understand (must be a politician).

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
What is it, that is the basic of this thread. Is it, the correct use of it, or is it, the meaning of it, or is it that it has many meaning, or is it, that it, really has no meaning, or is it that it must be proceeded by a noun, or is it, that it must be proceeded by an adjective, or is it, that it must be left to the interpretation of the person using it, or is it, that it, must be in conjunction of the rules of politically correct, or is it that PC must conform with it, whatever it is at the time it was uttered. It has just screwed up my mind, if it wasn’t screwed up before I delved into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom