OLE Error On Sending Email Through Access (1 Viewer)

Waddy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:00
Hello,

I have a form that you populate, once done, the user clicks on the send report button, It sends it as a PDF. Once the outlook email box comes up with your attachment and you send it, you have no issues.

If however you click on the send report button and the outlook email box comes up and you close it, without sending it, the user gets an OLE active X error and say you cannot close Access and locks the machine.

This does not happen on full versions of access just run time, I read on the net it is a bug within Runtime.

Users also do not have access to the task manager to close it on their Citrix Machines and have to ring IT support to get them booted off the server.

Question is what is going on, can I do anything.

Failing that can I put some code in that will kill the database if this happens.

Thank you as always!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
set a error handler before you start the call to outlook
intercept the error, and inform the user "sorry - Unable to send your email"

you might need to use form error event, rather than (or as well as) an inline error handler - depends how the error gets notified to access.

you should always have error handing with tihngs that might go wrong, like this.

Waddy

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for this, I will make these changes within Database and hopefully this will correct these errors.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom