Automatic Emails on Certain Date? (1 Viewer)

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 05:20
Hello,

Wondering if it was possible to send a email to a certain group of people every month automatically?

Is there a way to set this up so that for example, on every 5th of the month a particular email gets sent out. The email would be the same text, it is a reminder to people to update their reports.

Is there anyone that can shed some light on this or point me in a direction for a macro that can do this?

Thanks.

freakazeud

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:20
re:

Hi,
check my reply here for a good start.
If you have any questions let us know.
HTH
Good luck

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 05:20
Thanks for the response. Ok.

Now I am a bit confused. I looked over the link you set me, but not sure what to do. In order for this to work do I need to make a form?

I have Outlook 2003 and was wondering how to begin this, in more or less noob terms.

Thanks for any assistance.

freakazeud

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:20
re:

You need to create a procedure which does the emailing part.
As mentioned in the link the simplest method is the SendObject() method. Though it has limitations as pointed out. If you want something more powerful then use automation to create the outlook item. You can then call this function with the RunCode action of a macro. You can then call this macro with the macro command line switch in a batch file. The batch file itself can be scheduled with the windows scheduler or any other third party scheduler.
For more details on that part you can check this article.
HTH
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom