Battlefield or COD? (1 Viewer)

Manic_Rach

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:48
I used to be a huge fan of COD, I thought it was amazing. However after getting the new maps on COD Black Ops it's becoming obvious that they are just using old maps from Modern Warfare 2 and revamping them slightly to make money.

After playing Battlefield 1943 and loving it I have now got Battlefield Bad Company 2 and I think it's awesome! Using helicopters and tanks are a bonus but there's also a lot of tactical gameplay, different classes being able to do different things. I love how you can get medics and revive team mates and provide medi-packs, how engineers can destroy and fix tanks, cars, quads and helicopters, assault class can provide teammates with more ammo as they run out. It's just an amazing game.

The new COD Modern Warfare looks as though it's going to be more "Halo Future Warfare" style. I don't know about you guys, but I will be boycotting COD and going straight for Battlefield 3.

So... what will you choose?

jumpingjack

Local time
Today, 09:48
Well, as I mentioned before, I am utterly broke at the moment so anything free is up my alley. Publishers of Battlefield have released a free browser game version called Battlefield Play4Free, which is essentially like B2 but freeeeee! So that's what I'm playing!

Manic_Rach

Registered User.
Local time
Ditto on the broke student lark!

Hells Yeah! didn't know they'd done that! I shall take a look tonight! what are graphics like? Shall I keep my expectations low? :p

techsupport1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
I'm thinking about going for COD, single player is important to me and as far as I know, BF doesn't have much of one :/

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
They are both different animals IMO, COD is more of a point, kill, shoot often the players are often in it for their own stats.

BF is more squad based and rewards the team play much better. There are those who play the same way as COD but if you get a decent server it's very rewarding working with a proper team. You can set some great traps: take a capture point C4 it and just wait for the enemy to come steaming in and BOOM, goodbye, load a vehicle with C4 and drive it straight into an enemy squad BOOM etc.

Now BF3 looks likes it gonna be awesome C4 your own hole for cover, C4 buildings, great graphics etc and it does have a single player as well, ok not that long but to quote DICE

commented on the length of the singleplayer campaign, saying that it’s around 7 hours, depending on what difficulty you play on, and mentioned that they’re rather “have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of ‘meh’”

BF2 is great but I really think BF3 will be the king of MP online war games period and yes I like C4 :p

slansh

Registered User.
Local time
BF3 is now the most best graphics based FPS game.... Fun to play and quite very realistic than COD... :)

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Right I finally got around to getting BF3 and playing through the single player campaign, I won't comment too much on the campaign itself as it's clearly an 'add on' to get your ready for online play - as I expected - but it was fun and very varied but not really a true 'campaign'.

But for game play, graphics, sound [BLEEP] me it was [BLEEPING] awesome, it was frantic when you were in fire fights bullets flying everywhere, so difficult to spot enemies esp at night, explosions, smoke, seems very realistic, a couple of examples:

[Potential spoilers]

Fighter plane level as gunner - you were constantly looking for enemies as you had to time your countermeasures correctly* you really feel like Goose in Top Gun :p Same goes for taking the enemy down.

Sniper level - You have spotter and change position to cover your team* but when the major action happens you have to prioritise your targets and quickly cos they spot you after a while.

Mall level - Bullets flying everywhere, glass shattering around you - enemy coming from multiple locations with limited cover whilst protecting the objective*

*Now these part we're actually overall not to difficult as I played on medium difficulty which enables auto aim and hints^ which is fine atm but I'll have to switch to difficult to make it nearer the game play in MP in fact I might turn them off for the second run through on med see how that works out. It also seems that your team mates don't get killed no matter how long it takes you to clear the enemy :(

^This is one negative that runs through - it smacks of a console port especially when you also can't map certain keys (I'm sure you can do that via the config file but I really cannot stand that) and on this note there is actually a bug on one level where the hint says use space but if you do you die because you need to climb which I mapped to a different key, so if you follow the hint you die, if you do as you would normally do and use the appropriate key you have mapped you'd be ok. Not a biggy but I though space? is that right? turns out no.

Anyway I'm very very impressed one of the most absorbing, frantic and seemingly realistic* FPS games I have ever played (and I've played the majority)

*A good example is you HAVE to get into cover ASAP or your dead, pick your targets carefully, pop up quickly, fire, cover, pick next target etc. a good tip listen carefully for them to reload if you have good surround sound system you can do this even in a fire fight.

Now I can't wait to have another run through the SP tweak keys etc get everything ready and get online and blow some [BLEEP] up !!!:D

smaviddavid

Registered User.
Local time
BF3 is now the most best graphics based FPS game.... Fun to play and quite very realistic than COD... :)

BF3 Graphics may top COD... but COD is still massively popular after 6 releases, and i cant seem to find anybody who i know with Bf3

greenear

Registered User.
Local time
Manic_Rach said:
So... what will you choose?

Neither :D I like to play stuff that's less to do with chopping and strutting :p
My fav is Chocolatier: Secret Ingedients. It's pretty mindless, but you're surrounded by yummy choc treats... without getting fat. It's a great game.. like watching a cooking show. All the satisfaction, none of the mess :D

Patchy

Registered User.
Local time
I prefer CoD over Battlefield - more players

Qrave

Local time
Both are fairly average examples of modern shooters. However, BF3 is still better than anything COD has to offer :p

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:48
It's amazing that this thread spans over 3 years haha. But I am an average FPS gamer and I have played each CoD after Modern Warfare 2 and played only Battlefield 3. I really think that Battlefield is better for me because of the larger maps (less time I am being killed) and the vehicles. CoD I seem to always die faster due to the smaller nature of the maps. I like to be able to walk around without being capped as soon as I spawn. This is more of my personal opinion than really whether which game is better. CoD has been declining ever since MW2 to me.

SkyCraw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:48
I've personally boycotted COD as well, especially since I'm a full-blown PC gamer now. Battlefield 3 maxed out makes me wonder why I didn't make a custom gaming rig in the first place! Now that I've played Battlefield 4... I just can't go back to COD, I'll have a LAN party with it but that's about it :p.

BlueIshDan

☠
Local time
Today, 13:48
Neither,
CS 1.6 > (SELECT TOP 1 game_name FROM games WHERE type = "FPS" ORDER BY rank ASC)

vinnie

Local time
I've got to say battlefield, think that it has great game features that cod just catch match at the moment, from the transport you have to the amount of players. i have played battlefield 3 and 4 on both pc and xbox 360. I must admit that it far better on pc then xbox 360, but either way i find game player more enjoyable then cod

johnbjda

Local time
cod is best, i like it because the guns are really great compared to battlefield

mhorner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
battlefield, all the way. Way better, feels like more of a simulator than an arcade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom