Reliability Problems split FE/BE. A better Way? (1 Viewer)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:11
I have a Caspio demo & have been approached by their sales staff. It seems that this platform would potentially work. Within Caspio I can upload my existing tables, but I have to write a new front end! I don't envy that! Also, I would have to stick with Caspio, maybe not so good.

Hi. It’s been a while since I tried Caspio. But if I remember it correctly, the reason why I like them over Zoho is they allow for unlimited users.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:11
HillTJ, the trick, as always, is going to be to get within a particular mind-set. Just as it takes some mental re-adjustment going from Excel to Access, so it will take some careful mental experimentation to switch from real-time updates to time-deferred operations.

To be honest, this is what was actually done before computers were widely used in retail anyway. And heck, Navy Personnel systems used to literally "cut a transaction tape" on a daily basis and transport via a military vehicle from one office to another; at least, they did so until the advent of network file transfers. In fact, as recently as 2017, they STILL used the phrase "cut a tape" to represent making a transaction file to be transferred to another agency. And they still made backup transaction tapes until about 2005, although that WAS a backup and not the primary means of transportation by that time. I was there; I had to manage one of the tape-cutter systems. The rest of the world might have been doing more modern things, but the Navy didn't start that particular kind of network usage until the early 1990s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom