Subreport missing column heading (1 Viewer)

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:05
I have a report that displays correctly. as a single report. When I use the subreport wizard or drag the 'good' report onto the body of the main report,
all fields display correctly, except the column header for the subreport is missing.
Here is where the wizard placed the subreport:
Subreport title: Report Header
Column Header: Page Header
Nothing in the next two report lables: T_ID & F_SerNo Header
and the data from the query under the 'Detail' separator.

I tested other combinations of element locations, as well as, various links.

Spent a week trying to solve this problem. That's why I'm back here, again.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:05
Hi. If you go to the Design View of your Report and select the SubReport control, what do you have in the "Show Page Header and Page Footer" property? If No, try setting it to Yes.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:05
on your subreport, create a Group.

group on Expression: =""

move the column header labels to the Group Header.
adjust the labels properly.

on the Group's Property->Sheet

Repeat Section: Yes

Last edited:

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
The two 'show' items were already enabled.
Thanks for drawing my attention to their existence helping me learn some more about this great program.

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
didn't fully understand 'arnelgo's reply. However, I'll try tomorrow. I just came from an eye exam and my eyes are still dialated. Can't focus.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 23:05
it simply means creating a Group on the the subreport and moving all your Labels/images from page header/report header to the Group Header section.

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
Yep, that was what you said. I understand. I'll give it a try, today. Thanks for your response.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
A further clarification of arnel's suggestion.

Subreports don't print page headers and footers. Only the main report prints page headers and footers. Think about the confusion if the main report and the three subreports were all competing to control when a page header or footer would be printed.

Therefore, if you need headers for the subreport (and almost all will), the simplest solution is to ad a group option and put them in the group header. The grouping occurs WITHIN a subreport and therfore would never affect the main report or any other subreport. Sometimes, you can get away with putting the column headers for the subreport on the parent report just above the subreport control but it is really difficult to get the alignment correct so the group header in the subreport is the clear winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom