Slack integration (1 Viewer)

rbriedis

Local time
Today, 07:19
Good morning,

Does anyone have any insight, if its at all possible, to be able to send messages from MS Access to Slack? For example, I want to notify of guest arrivals via Slack but only want to enter the guests name/company and it sends a pre-formatted message automatically. I can do the programming (I think) just don't know if there is a function available in Access to do this. I know how to do it via email but not Slack.

"<So and So> from <company> are here to see you."

Thank you.:banghead:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:19
Hi. It would be possible to do it in Access using a HTTPRequest Class if Slack offers a web service for it. Do you know if they have an API?

rbriedis

Local time
Yes, we do have aURL we can use to login to Slack via a website.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yes, we do have aURL we can use to login to Slack via a website.
Hi. That wasn't what I was talking about unless the URL you're talking about is to a web service. It has to be a web address for a code to get into the system, not a person.

aaronkempf

Local time
I've recently seen SQL Server be able to do this fairly easily. Of course, SOAP has been built into SQL Server for 15 years now, and it's highly extensible with SQLCLR. I wouldn't wish a newbie to run into using SQLCLR without a LOT of patience. I mean, just the development methodology, from where I'm standing it's ALWAYS changing drastically from one version of Visual Studio to another. I mean, if the SQLCLR .dll is already compiled, and you have a relatively strong resource for assistance (in case anything goes wrong) i would look at these three articles

I've been trying to post the three credible resources that I've found on this, but this website is saying that I am appearing to send spammy messages. You got an email address?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Takes 10 posts before you can post external links. Keeps out most spammers.
4 more and you're there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom