Just another new guy (1 Viewer)

xBirdman

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:02
Hey gang. Interesting idea - having everyone introduce themselves.

I'm a research analyst and data manager in Oregon, USA. I used to be a bird biologist but shifted into a non-academic analyst position for all the right reasons.

I'm responsible for an old, very poorly designed database residing on a SQL server and my jobs are to keep it functional for at least two more years, clean existing historic data as much as possible, retire the dataset in about 2 years as a legacy dataset that is still accessible but not pulled into the new structure coming online now, and to make the next 2 years as user-friendly for the support staff as I can. To that end I'm developing a better user-interface that breaks out tasks (they currently have 2-3 forms that do EVERYTHING!) so there is less repetition (as I said, very poorly designed) and mistakes are more difficult to make on data entry.

I'll have a fair number of questions of the, "how can I..." or "my vb code isn't working..." variety and am always appreciative of those willing to share their greater knowledge and experience.

Thanks,
Pru

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:02
Hi Pru. Welcome to AWF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom