I've lost my Update to: drop down menu (1 Viewer)

EllieW

Local time
Today, 13:28
Started a new job with the most recent version of Access and can't find an answer to this -

When doing a basic Update query linking two tables I want to update a field in Table 1 to a field in Table 2 - every version I've had for the past 20 years gives you a drop down menu of the table fields available in the "Update to:" line but not this version?? I can type it out of course but I miss my drop down menu. Any ideas how to get this back?

Part of me thinks I've totally lost my marbles and it was never there to begin with - but it was!

Thanks in advance for any help.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I'd experiment with other tables and databases to see if it is consistently missing. Also try a compact and repair.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:28
It's been gone, you need to start typing and Intellisense will take over at which point the list will appear. I think I last saw it in Access 2007 but don't quote me on that... :D

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yeah now that I look I see I don't have it in Access 2013 either. I guess I was thinking of an append query.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:28
After I realized it was a *feature*, I decided it really was a feature! I have databases with a lot of tables, much easier to start typing then scroll thru a list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom