Hi, new member from the UK (1 Viewer)

euphonium01

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:41
Hi to everyone. I have been creating very simple databases in Access for a number of years, simple enough to need Macros instead of vba code. But, I find vba fascinating, and as I have a lot more time on my hands these days (retired now) I enjoy 'upgrading' my databases using it. But converting Macros to vba doesn't always work, so I'm trying to get my head round it :banghead:

My reasons for joining the Forum are to ask questions about vba that I have a particular issue with to further expand my understanding of how it works, and who knows, perhaps one day I might be able to answer someone else's problem? I do get a buzz after writing code and find it does what I need :) But like some others, I can get frustrated after thinking I have the answer only to find "Can't do this", "Not supported the other" etc.

So, if I post a question that seems to most so simple it resembles a total rookie, forgive me cos that's what I am. Paul

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:41
Welcome aboard!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
But converting Macros to vba doesn't always work,

Hi Paul, welcome to AWF.

I have also noticed the Macro Conversion Problem, I think it boils down to a syntax problem when a macro contains a "temp var".. The temp var is treated as an object instead of extracting its default "Value"

I did a video about it here:-

https://youtu.be/QSA8smS8QjA

If you notice any other issues in macro conversation, please let me know, as I'd like to get to the bottom of this...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

euphonium01

Registered User.
Local time
Uncle Gizmo: Thank you for the welcome, in just a few hours it's good to link up with helpers, I will watch you video and see if I can incorporate anything (that means if my brain can work out what I'm supposed to do/type lol). I have posted a reply in my Thread, it contains all the code I used... sorry its sooooo long!

The_Doc_Man: Algorasm! that is so funny, I remember when.... no.. I can't remember... it was a long long long time ago haha!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:41
One more question: Given your name, do you actually play a euphonium? I played a double-bell euphonium once, but chose to learn trumpet instead. It was easier to carry.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
There's also the phenomenon where you think you've cracked some difficult code, celebrate then realise it doesn't work after all....
That's called 'premature algorasm' :eek:

euphonium01

Registered User.
Local time
Hi The_Doc_Man: Yes, I play a Euphonium, after playing with the most famous band in the world for quite a while, I now play at a lower level but still in the top league so to speak.

Music is me, I laugh with it, dance to it... and cry with it! It truly is the international language.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom