Question Export To Pdf And Copy To Clipboard? (1 Viewer)

MS1234

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
Hi, I want the ability within my Access db to export the current report showing on screen to PDF and copy it to the clipboard then remove the saved PDF (so end result is a PDF of the report copied to the clipboard that can then be pasted anywhere the user chooses).
Can someone advise how to go about that.
Many thanks

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 00:45
Cross-post https://www.utteraccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2051878&hl=

A file cannot be deleted and still be retained on clipboard. Try it manually, I did. Won't work. The clipboard is actually holding a pointer to the file location then when you 'paste' it, it copies the file.

Usual approach is for code to open system file dialog and user chooses destination folder and code then uses that file path to save report.

MS1234

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:45
ok, forget about deleting it afterwards, so I still need to be able to take any current report showing on screen and make it ready to paste as a PDF. Can anybody else advise. Thanks

Dangerous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:45
Hi, I want the ability within my Access db to export the current report showing on screen to PDF and copy it to the clipboard then remove the saved PDF (so end result is a PDF of the report copied to the clipboard that can then be pasted anywhere the user chooses).
Can someone advise how to go about that.
Many thanks

There's a small program available free called CUTEPDF. You run the program and it sets its self up as a printer. Then anytime you want you 'print' the document selecting CUTEPDF instead of your physical printer, a box pops up in which you name the file and where you want it saved. Simple to use in any program. Works in XP, Win 7 & Win 10. I've never used vista but can't see why it wouldn't work in that as well.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 09:45
Apart from XP, you could just use Microsoft Print to PDF ?

There's a small program available free called CUTEPDF. You run the program and it sets its self up as a printer. Then anytime you want you 'print' the document selecting CUTEPDF instead of your physical printer, a box pops up in which you name the file and where you want it saved. Simple to use in any program. Works in XP, Win 7 & Win 10. I've never used vista but can't see why it wouldn't work in that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom