Yet another thread deleted? No reasons? (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 19:53
I posted on the "joke" thread, then it was moved without my knowlege to a new thread called "abcs" - now that has gone - no reason or notification.

What the hell is happening to this dictatorial forum? It's getting worse.

Or am I just not seeing "my" thread.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I did not post to the thread ABCs as I did not deem Col's post worthy of comment, however I do think that it would be better if such threads were, at least initially, closed with a comment as to why.

The deletion of a thread without comment not only smacks of high handedness but is an insult to those that have posted.

Brian

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 12:53
DIDDUMS.
Did the bad moderator place your thread in a more appropriate place?

You should boycott the forum or better yet: withdraw ask for your money back!

I posted on the "joke" thread, then it was moved without my knowlege to a new thread called "abcs" - now that has gone - no reason or notification.

What the hell is happening to this dictatorial forum? It's getting worse.

Or am I just not seeing "my" thread.

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
DIDDUMS.

You should boycott the forum or better yet: withdraw ask for your money back!

A very useful contribution to the discussion.

Brian

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Today, 15:53
A very useful contribution to the discussion.

Brian

That was funny,

I was actually thinking about that thread and similar ones this very morning.

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer. Rich and Col both glean some kind of perverse pleasure from insulting others, and engaging them in useless conversations.

This morning while I wasn’t engaged in the BS, I designed the ribs for another hull. Much more satisfaction was derived from that, than arguing with an idiot (or at least someone posing as one).

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer.

Thank god for that. At least then we won't have to read your disgusting choices of mixed fonts and colours.

You've said the same many times before though Josephine - can you try and stick to it this time?

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
I was very interested in the idea of the hull you posted in the other thread. I have been working with some high-modulus thermoplastics as a substution to carbon fiber in some applications. It might work as good skin for an underwater vehicle.

That was funny,

I think for my own part I will not be participating in them any longer. Rich and Col both glean some kind of perverse pleasure from insulting others, and engaging them in useless conversations.

This morning while I wasn’t engaged in the BS, I designed the ribs for another hull. Much more satisfaction was derived from that, than arguing with an idiot (or at least someone posing as one).

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

I wouldn't say the moderator (whoever it was) is bad - that seems a little harsh to me, but if you think the moderators are bad then that's up to you.

Perhaps a little insensitive and dictatorial perhaps. So it must have been an American mod. I just hope they have the guts to own up as to why they did it without any notice or comments.

Col

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Yes you'd rather take part in a thread where some guy blowing his own trumpet call me a dipshit when I was arguing the same point as a three star AMERICAN general, now either the General's a traitor and should be tried as such or he too by American posters own definition is also a dipshit. Mmmmm, :rolleyes:
Of course he'll claim "free" speech under article 1 of the constitution, oddly enough the first people to deny that freedom to the rest of the World are Americans who claim to live their lives under a "free speech" banner, the only insult my friend (aside from the personal ones aimed at me) is to intelligence and the ability to question the status quo

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Rich you are a potty mouth :)

I believe it is spelt like this: "Rich is a dip$hit"

Yes you'd rather take part in a thread where some guy blowing his own trumpet call me a dipshit when I was arguing the same point as a three star AMERICAN general, now either the General's a traitor and should be tried as such or he too by American posters own definition is also a dipshit. Mmmmm, :rolleyes:
Of course he'll claim "free" speech under article 1 of the constitution, oddly enough the first people to deny that freedom to the rest of the World are Americans who claim to live their lives under a "free speech" banner, the only insult my friend (aside from the personal ones aimed at me) is to intelligence and the ability to question the status quo

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Would you like to know? Everyone else who posted on that thread understood why it was being deleted, perhaps you need to think it out more ;)

I wouldn't say the moderator (whoever it was) is bad - that seems a little harsh to me, but if you think the moderators are bad then that's up to you.

Perhaps a little insensitive and dictatorial perhaps. So it must have been an American mod. I just hope they have the guts to own up as to why they did it without any notice or comments.

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Hey, geographically challenged one - that is from The Belfast Telegraph... I believe they still keep Belfast in Ireland (irony noticed about the occupation reference there, see I am learning this British irony thing) I live in Canada, you were closer geographically before when you guessed USA.
I am at a loss to see how translating something from French would benefit me more then translation it from English, but I can not find the French part of the Belfast Telegraph site.
Why would you think I am particularly interested in the Irish take on France's whining about USA's handling of the airport in Port au Prince?
:)
Hey, blinkered here's your own mother country's take on the original topic, hell you might find a French translation so that you can understand it
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...ights-and-occupying-the-country-14640487.html

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Would you like to know? Everyone else who posted on that thread understood why it was being deleted, perhaps you need to think it out more ;)

Do you have evidence of how everyone knew who posted on the thread? Please post it.

Your words "understood why it was being deleted" indicates they all knew at the time and not after the deletion. Can you post as to how all the posters knew it was being deleted, yet I did not?

Thank you, I expect you'll take the North American stance and ignore the direct questions. However I shall continue to ask until you reply - I don't give up. Ask Bobby - he is still being questioned by me but refusing to answer.

Col

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Sorry Coline, if they did not inform you ahead of time and you could not figure it out yourself then there must be a conspiracy or something. I do not think that is a particularly North American stance, seeing as there are many things I have asked you in the past and have yet to receive an answer.

I do know all of the answers to your questions, but I will leave you to figure out the answers yourself. Maybe one of the other posters on the thread will let you in on it.
Dont have another tissy fit over it because you can not figure it out yourself. :)

Nice use of bold and italics by the way, must have learned some of that technique from Thales750 :)

Do you have evidence of how everyone knew who posted on the thread? Please post it.

Your words "understood why it was being deleted" indicates they all knew at the time and not after the deletion. Can you post as to how all the posters knew it was being deleted, yet I did not?

Thank you, I expect you'll take the North American stance and ignore the direct questions. However I shall continue to ask until you reply - I don't give up. Ask Bobby - he is still being questioned by me but refusing to answer.

Col

Last edited:

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
Sorry Coline, if they did not inform you ahead of time and you could not figure it out yourself then there must be a conspiracy or something. I do not think that is a particularly North American stance, seeing as there are many things I have asked you in the past and have yet to receive an answer.

I do know all of the answers to your questions, but I will leave you to figure out the answers yourself. Maybe one of the other posters on the thread will let you in on it.
Dont have another tissy fit over it because you can not figure it out yourself. :)

Nice use of bold and italics by the way, must have learned some of that technique from Thales750 :)

When have I ever used bold or colors? Is this the twilight zone?

Thales750

Formerly Jsanders
Local time
I was very interested in the idea of the hull you posted in the other thread. I have been working with some high-modulus thermoplastics as a substution to carbon fiber in some applications. It might work as good skin for an underwater vehicle.

I would be very interested in talking to you about it.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Why would you think I am particularly interested in the Irish take on France's whining about USA's handling of the airport in Port au Prince?
:)
Yes how stupid of me to even think that you might wish to be educated:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time

As I suspected. A cop-out.

Please answer the questions and don't try to deflect the topic. Would you like me to remind you of my questions?

Oh, and feel free to indicate any of your questions I may have missed and I will try to answer them. Please indicate the thread and post number so I can refer to the theme of the topic.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom