Question Access 2003 is not sending email (1 Viewer)

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:18
Our database is in access 2003. It has a form which has a button to send email of orders. I added a new user in this database. That button works in all other computers in the network with the same user permissions as this user, in his computer when he select to email Order it does nothing. It does not open the new email page in outlook and the outlook email is configured in his computer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:18
Don't forget that when working on a network, TWO sets of permissions apply - the NTFS permissions on the drive in question and the SHARE permissions on the network construct that points to the drive on its remote host. Verify that your new user isn't singled out for something differently for one of those two sets of permissions.

IIRC, Outlook is a bit ... picky about sending mail in Office 2003. You have to test whether the app is already open and it won't work right if you try to open it when it was open or don't open it when it was closed.

preetbilkhu

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:18
OK I called my Server guy tomorrow because I am not very good with NTFS permissions or Sharing

Thank you

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:18
just a thought

maybe its an outlook problem, but maybe its a printer problem.

if the new guy doesn't have a printer set up, he (the routine) might not be able to prepare reports - which might therefore "look" as if its an outlook problem, when its a different problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom