Vote for Brexit the Sequel - Scripts (1 Viewer)

Brexit - the Sequel - Whats the outcome - choose all that apply - Closes Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 14:50
In the spirit of Hollywood writers borrowing each others scripts:
Choose All That Apply

Sequel Script 1 - BRexit undone for your own good - all is forgiven
RE: Gideon Rachman, one of the Financial Times’ numerous globalist scolds, professed that his depression about the Brexit vote:
Talk about not waiting for the body to get cold. The establishment oracles are out in force today proclaiming that Brexit has already been cancelled.
The argument is that the unwashed masses outside of Greater London have shot themselves in the foot.
"Any long-term observer of the EU should be familiar with the shock referendum result. In 1992 the Danes voted to reject the Maastricht treaty. The Irish voted to reject both the Nice treaty in 2001 and the Lisbon treaty in 2008. And what happened in each case? The EU rolled ever onwards. The Danes and the Irish were granted some concessions by their EU partners. They staged a second referendum."

Sequel Script 2 - Britain Leads - Time for Banks to pay the Piper
Jim Rodgers - legendry investor
This is going to be worse (for USA) than any bear market that you’ve seen in your lifetime. 2008 was pretty bad because of debt, well the debt all over the world is much, much higher now."
Thinks USD will be safe, doesn't feel this will champion gold.
Note: This was his Upbeat statement!

Sequel Script 3 - Germany's diagnosis of Britain's insanity
German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned the U.K. to have no illusions about life outside the European Union, hardening her stance ahead of Prime Minister David Cameron’s first meeting with fellow E.U. leaders since triggering the political earthquake that’s shaken the bloc’s foundations.

Angela Merkel landed in Britain with a sack of IOU's. The young custom agent looked at her passport and asked:
Q. Country? A. Germany
Q. Occupation A. Probably
Kidding aside, actual quote: “My only advice to our British friends is: Don’t delude yourself about the necessary decisions that need to be taken.”

Sequel Script 4: Britain Becomes new leader of Europe
A survey published on Monday by the European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR) found a total of 33 popular referendums in the coming year. The parties have disparate motivations and sit on both sides of the political spectrum, but they share a common sense of discontent about the E.U. (Telegraph)
Marine Le Pen is president of the National Front party in France quoted in the N.Y. Times bows to the courage, insight and understanding of the British people.

sequel Script 5: China pushes Gold for new Reserve Currency
In an admission of the fragility of the global financial system, Chinese Premier Li warns that a disillusioned British butterfly has flapped its wings and the entire global financial system could collapse.
China, the biggest gold buyer, is joining a rush for the precious metal after the Brexit referendum disrupted global markets, boosting demand for haven assets. “sign that there’s some move toward an end game of sorts.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-investors-should-pay-attention-to-move-in-gold-and-the-us-dollar-224446216.html

What is Your guess for a BRexit Sequel? Or add another.
I am going with a combination of 4 and 5.

#4 After a period of adjustment, I feel Britain will lead the new recovery.
It is like moving out of the house into a new one after breaking off a toxic relationship. Sure, the ex kept some of your stuff out of spite and it seems hard to find things in all those boxes. But, things will get better.

#5 BRexit was the Central Bank Stress Test that validated my fears of debt ridden currencies. While Brexit only contributed about 6% so far, investment gains for 2016 are just touching 100% gains. Brexit will just support this inevitable outcome. .

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:50
There have been several countries that have "broken-up" in Europe, such as Czechoslovakia. Additionally, it appears that Scotland and N. Ireland were in favor of remaining in the EU. Given that, I hypothesize that there is a potential that the UK may itself break-up. That Scotland and N. Ireland may go their own way as a means or remaining in the EU.

Disclaimer:I'm not really up on whether the EU (as an economic entity) is "good" or "bad". However, there do appear to legitimate concerns for each country to retain its national identity.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:50
From the USA, we see fewer in-depth studies via our news outlets because at the moment we have our own bête noir (in the form of an election with no clearly good candidates). However, I remember reading that throughout history, Scotland has not wanted to be quite so intimate with England, with moments where they are the best of friends and moments when they "looked daggers" at each other. I'm not a betting man, but I'll say that a referendum on a Scotland/England split would not be a total surprise.

I also am a FIRM believer that some bank executives have become so freakin' arrogant that it is TIME for them to learn that there is no such thing as "too big to fail."

But my choice was "Something else" because I know from history that truth is ALWAYS stranger than fiction. Whenever you believe you understand what is REALLY happening, you find out how badly mistaken you were.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:50
The referendum result was slewed by two factors.
1. A great deal of Misinformation and downright lies was put out by the Brexit camp. At one point they alleged that it was illegal to buy bananas in bunches of more than two or three. A quick trip to any supermarket would have exposed this for the silly lie it was. They also alleged that the EU had paid Krafts to move Cadbury's production from England to Poland when in fact the EU had offered grants to Kraft to keep production in England. Krafts decided to move in any case. Numerous other examples can be found.

2. A significant number of people vote Exit in order to send a message to Cameron that he needed to work harder for reform of the EU. The complete lack of any coherent plan by the Exit side when they one shows they did not want to win.

Legally it was an advisory referendum and not binding so we will have to wait and see what happens

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
The US Administration has used the EU to stop trade with Russia.
Hillary Clinton calls Putin "the new Hitler" along with the many other news stories released that typically end up being exaggerated or outright manufactured.
The BRexit has thrown this plan into a tailspin. So now, they actually blame Putin for BRexit?

The day before, several financial news agencies described how France, Italy and a dozen other countries are rushing to the UK to set up new trade agreements directly around the EU. How several EU countries popular vote wants to drop the US Sanctions against Russia and resume trade.

As a side note: Early July 4th overseas, Silver popped (as in suddenly) to USD $21.21. The London traders were able to contain it to the $20.40 range with only the NYC special restricted trading (no public allowed) due to the holiday. To put into perspective, Silver was trading in the $15 USD range the first week of June (pre BRexit).

I do not underestimate the lengths to which both desperate governments, along with their associated banking will go, to save themselves from their own folly — and at the expense of their own citizens. This beast is hungry and will be on the prowl. As the Blame Putin article shows, they will use any excuse, no matter how wild to justify their actions.
Thank goodness there have not been recent UFO sightings! They would be blaming the alien invasion. At least the US Movie Independence Day 2 was a total and absolute flop.

Blaming Putin after BREXIT. Stephen F. Cohen, NYU, Princeton University, EastWestAccord.com
https://audioboom.com/boos/4760182-...n-nyu-princeton-university-eastwestaccord-com
40 Minute Audio interview

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:50
The public position of the other EU countries is that there can be no negotiations with the UK until the UK formally applies to leave under Article50. This will not happen until a new Prime Minister is chosen and probably will be delayed until January

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Noticed your profile, perhaps the Exile will end? :)
This was an interesting interview from across the pond with Ross Norman dealer at Sharps Pixley in London. It was 7 minutes long. Very interesting demographic disclosure about BRexit that surprised me.
http://www.bnn.ca/Video/player.aspx?vid=904756

Also: Standard Life insurance Suspended trading in U.K. fund to "protect investors"
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36708844?ocid=socialflow_twitter
July 4th, news was sketchy in the US. But, a major company that last suspended trade in the 2008 crisis not being news worthy in the US is concerning.

Bloomberg reported that London Bankers will have a cut in bonus.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...uses-set-to-shrivel-as-brexit-hits-dealmaking
HSBC wasn't doing all that well anyway. Interesting their revenues actually went up after BRexit. Sorry, it was hard to feel sorry for Citibank managers having to "make due" with a smaller beach house this year.
Hopefully nobody on this site will be directly offended by my feelings on this. LOL
You know, all those investment bankers who contribute to Access-programmers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom