Access Haters Lives Matter (1 Viewer)

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:23
I was banned most of last week for coming here and trying to do God's work in enlightening the current user base and any possible victim that might get stuck in the largest spider web on the development landscape ever (MS Access).

I was offended too, by some DAO impotent junkie. But I was ok because I'm a just person, a well educated human being and a purist. I bet that frustrated police officer didn't even get a warning, he walked away in impunity and watch me get banned for a crime I didn't commit, typical cop anyway.

There is no room for dialog in here people, I flagged the inconvenient truth of using Access in a word that has a million better alternatives and was attacked by a mob of savages and deprecated technology lovers.

Using Access in 2017 is not justified, its not necessary and I tear every Access database I come across to shreds!!! No matter how well performant, how well crafted or how well maintained, I WILL CRASH YOUR SOFTWARE with the power of .NET and for the love of everything that matters in life.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was banned most of last week for coming here and trying to do God's work in enlightening the current user base and any possible victim that might get stuck in the largest spider web on the development landscape ever (MS Access).

You were banned for using insulting language directed at another member, not being against Access. You don't like Access, fine, don't use it. Post a well-reasoned argument supporting your opinion. Whatever, but don't use insulting language.

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 12:23

I was offended too, by some DAO impotent junkie. But I was ok because I'm a just person, a well educated human being and a purist. I bet that frustrated police officer didn't even get a warning, he walked away in impunity and watch me get banned for a crime I didn't commit, typical cop anyway.

There is no room for dialog in here people, I flagged the inconvenient truth of using Access in a word that has a million better alternatives and was attacked by a mob of savages and deprecated technology lovers.

Using Access in 2017 is not justified, its not necessary and I tear every Access database I come across to shreds!!! No matter how well performant, how well crafted or how well maintained, I WILL CRASH YOUR SOFTWARE with the power of .NET and for the love of everything that matters in life.

Would you like a Hug and some therapy to release all that unresolved pent up anger...:rolleyes:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 08:23
To be clear, bash Access all you want in the Watercooler, but the help forums are for helping people with their specific problems related to Access development, not for pushing your anti-Access agenda. Insulting members that are seeking help will not be tolerated.

Magno

Local time
Today, 09:23
If you don't like Access, do not use it and give a break to the people who wants to use it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:23
nfk,

If you read my response in that other thread, you will find that I don't totally disagree with you - but I have this darned streak of practicality that makes me point out something. Using .NET facilities makes it harder to develop database apps. The learning curve for .NET is worse than for Access when you are dealing with databases.

I will defend your stance as a theoretical point of view with some merit to it. But from the pragmatic viewpoint, I believe your stance is not so well considered.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
nfk,

Is .NET free and already installed on my employers machines? If not, well, I can think of a few issues they'd have with my trying to use it... :)

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Stop deleting posts! Stop deleting posts! Stop deleting posts!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You don't like it when folks delete posts? Stop posting insulting posts if you don't want the maintenance team to sweep up the dollops of dyspeptic dragon droppings that you call opinions.

You have an opinion. We know that. We're just barely educated enough to figure it out for ourselves, you know. But then, you are the living proof of that old adage: Opinions are like a$$-holes - everybody has one and frequently it stinks.

I've got you figured out, though. You have a rare neurological condition call "cranial rectal neuro-inversion." Your thoughts, because of this inversion, are steeped in $h|t.

OK, levity aside: NFK - you seem to see yourself as a modern-day version of John the Baptist preaching in the desert. As I recall, he didn't end up with a pleasant fate. Why would you pick such a role model? You can't have been divinely inspired, given the nasty tone of your comments. Is the vituperative nature of your discourse necessary? Have you not figured out that we hear you but respectfully (or otherwise) choose to disagree?

I wish you no ill in life, NFK. But I wish you would take that hatred elsewhere.

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
You don't like it when folks delete posts? Stop posting insulting posts if you don't want the maintenance team to sweep up the dollops of dyspeptic dragon droppings that you call opinions.

You have an opinion. We know that. We're just barely educated enough to figure it out for ourselves, you know. But then, you are the living proof of that old adage: Opinions are like a$$-holes - everybody has one and frequently it stinks.

I've got you figured out, though. You have a rare neurological condition call "cranial rectal neuro-inversion." Your thoughts, because of this inversion, are steeped in $h|t.

OK, levity aside: NFK - you seem to see yourself as a modern-day version of John the Baptist preaching in the desert. As I recall, he didn't end up with a pleasant fate. Why would you pick such a role model? You can't have been divinely inspired, given the nasty tone of your comments. Is the vituperative nature of your discourse necessary? Have you not figured out that we hear you but respectfully (or otherwise) choose to disagree?

I wish you no ill in life, NFK. But I wish you would take that hatred elsewhere.

I actually see myself a little bit more like a Ghandi, you know...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Intended role model noted, but I don't recall that old Mohandus made it a point to alienate all the folks to whom he wanted to deliver his message. Rather quite the opposite, or so I always thought.

nfk

Registered User.
Local time
Intended role model noted, but I don't recall that old Mohandus made it a point to alienate all the folks to whom he wanted to deliver his message. Rather quite the opposite, or so I always thought.

I think I might have just confused Ghandi with Terminator.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, then that most famous quote makes sense in this context: "I'll be back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom