"Your network access was interrupted" error for one user (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:05
Good morning,

I have a split Access 2016 database with the BE housed on a shared server.

I have one user who is getting a "Your network access was interrupted. To continue, close the database and then open it again" when opening his front end application.

When I went to the mapped shared drive on this user's computer, I found accessing the BE file directly resulted in the same message. Opening archive files in the same location did not prompt the error.

Other users are not having this problem.

I have done some research but haven't found anything that seems to fit.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Is access to the network share controlled via domain log in? If so that users account may be locked?

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
It is, yet we are able to access other similar files in the same location without a problem. Would just one file be locked at the server location for the user?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If their account is locked they probably couldn't access any files, depending on the network security settings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
That's what I thought.

Strange...

constableparks

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:05
I'm having this same problem. I am opening the BE of the split database and if I stay on it too long, I lose my network connection to it and get this error when I try to save. I believe that there is a setting that will automatically disconnect network mapped drives if you have been idle for too long and there are times that I have to be away from my desk for a long period of time. Does anyone know what that setting is?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Probably one of the settings with "Idle Timeout" in the name, but you would need a domain admin for that.

HOWEVER, there is another approach. If you have a switchboard form and you use the trick of having a "keep-open" connection to the BE from the always-open switchboard, you could put a timer event underneath everything to requery whatever it is that you were using for that purpose.

constableparks

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Doc - but I only have the BE open (not the FE). I guess I should just "save early save often". You'd think I would have learned that by now.... :D

constableparks

Registered User.
Local time
Quick update on how I solved this:

In Group Policy Management - navigate to:
>User Configuration
>Preferences
>Windows Settings
>Drive Maps

Select the drive and right-click on it. Go to Properties and set the Action: to Update

Apply and closed the window.

Haven't had a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom