Multple field population on combo box selection (1 Viewer)

paulvetter

Local time
Today, 12:06
Hi, I'm new to this community, and I'm a (partly) hobbyist user of Access 2007.
I have a question: I'm building a test registration form, and I want to populate 2 additional fields based on the TestID ComboBox selection. This same TestID table has a Requirement and Expected result field, that I want to display for the end user, to make sense of the test in question. Multiple fields in the ComboBox does not work since you cannot select a single testID; you can click on the relevant testID, but the table remains in view, rather than displaying only the relevant testID. Anybody have an idea?
Thanx!

paulvetter

Local time
Hey, thanks for the reply; I'll try it tonight. I was sure there had to be a way, but I'm not all that proficient with Access 2007 (yet).

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem, post back if you get stuck. Welcome to the site by the way!

paulvetter

Local time
Well, at least I'm not getting that annoying #Name? in the additional fields, but still not the info that I want. The ComboBox in question is Combo104; here is the row source:
SELECT [Test ID].ID, [Test ID].[Test ID/name] FROM [Test ID] ORDER BY [Test ID].ID;
The additional fields are configured as: Text122 =[Combo104].[Column](4) and Text124 =[Combo104].[Column](3)

Pretty much as in your Autofill, but still no joy :(

Attachments

• ICT Test Management.accdb
    1.8 MB · Views: 74

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Haven't looked at the sample yet, but the Column property is zero based, so the name is Column(1).

paulvetter

Local time
Ah, found it! I had the column count for Combo104 set to 2; reset that to 3 and all is well! Both Expected result and Requirement are now correctly associated with the testID.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Excellent! You must have added to the row source, because you only have 2 fields in the SQL posted above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom