Solved Bug You tried to open a database that is already open by the user 'Admin' on the mach (1 Viewer)

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:26
For quite some time now, these messages have been appearing when I closed the database.

This failure not only appears in a single database, but in several, and always when closing, it does not matter from the form that it does.

The installation of Office is newly installed, and I already failed before.

Things I've tried:

1. I have created a new database and imported all the content, and the same thing happens to me.
2. To compile the database, both the original and the new that I mentioned in the previous point, but also gives the failure.
3. Also to enter in exclusive mode, but it is not plan to access every time, for the inconvenience that supposes.

I do not know what else to try. I need to give you a definitive solution. I have Office 2016 and Windows 7.

Anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 18185cb8c66e282bb0859b20c4455ce0.png
    18185cb8c66e282bb0859b20c4455ce0.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 59

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Are you running the database at a server or you local computer, (both Front- and Back-end)?
Do you've any code running when you close the database?
Do you have the option to save the database in another version like 2010 or 2003 or 2000?

Else post your database with a few sample data in it, (zip it)!

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 11:26
Ok, turn-off error checking routines (comment out On Error lines), attempt to close the database. The error should force Access to break to code. This could indicate the area or code snippets that are the culprits. The below link suggests that there may be some running code elsewhere while at the same time you're attempting to close the database.

More info here.

Edit: JHB - I didn't see your response when I started typing my response.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
We have the database in the Dropbox folder, that is, it is synchronized with Dropbox, but it is on our local computer.

I have a code to create a backup when the "Start" form is closed, but the error was already given much earlier than this.

On the other hand, I do not know where is the option to save the database for previous versions.

I have commented on the lines On Error Resume Next (it is a barbarity that I want to correct in the next update I make of the database, sorry!), But I still get the same error. I have tried to give Control + Break control, and it only closes.

As I was saying, I get an error with other databases. So, either it is a code that is in both databases, or the Access configuration, which is giving the problem.

I leave the database.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Base de datos.zip
    892 KB · Views: 57

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
I do not get any error when I close the database:
I've made a database in mdb format for you - try it.

What if you made a new simple database - do you still get the error?
How did you compile the database?

Attachments

• Base de datos.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 70

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:26
Before you upload a database for us to test, you should remove everything irrelevant to the issue and compact.
You should also remove all the security so we don't have to waste time doing that ourselves.
Having done all that, I don't speak the language used on your form so took a guess and clicked Salir button. The database closed without error. I tested several times.
The button code is forcing a save before quitting.
Tried changing a record from another form then quitting. No error.

As I can't replicate your problem, I'm unable to assist unless you can provide more info.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Before you upload a database for us to test, you should remove everything irrelevant to the issue and compact.
You should also remove all the security so we don't have to waste time doing that ourselves.
Having done all that, I don't speak the language used on your form so took a guess and clicked Salir button. The database closed without error. I tested several times.
The button code is forcing a save before quitting.
Tried changing a record from another form then quitting. No error.

As I can't replicate your problem, I'm unable to assist unless you can provide more info.

I have deleted all the data, and it compacts automatically. I do not know what you mean about security.
We are now testing to see if it gives the error, and it does not show it. We have already tried about ten times, and it does not come out.
The only thing I've done has been commenting on the errors, and deleting all the data.
I'm going to keep trying, and I keep you informed.
Thank you very much everyone for your answers.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
We have the database in the Dropbox folder, that is, it is synchronized with Dropbox, but it is on our local computer.
that is probably your problem - suggest remove from dropbox so it is not syncing - or are the other db's that error not on dropbox?

Just speculating, I'm not sure whether dropbox would maintain the link when compact/repairing since a new file is created.

Other issues will be if the db is not split - particularly if there are multiple users- you haven't said so would be good to clarify

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hopefully the screenshot will explain the point I was making

As well as yours, I have just opened 2 others with similar issues
Another was password protected with no password originally supplied!

Attachments

• Zelarra821.jpg
    Zelarra821.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 201

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:26
I'm with CJ on this one. The message you are getting suggests that Access is running into an exclusive file lock, which might indeed be due to being synchronized with DropBox operations. And I could easily believe that DropBox is running as Admin.

If this was meant as a way to share the database, DropBox is NOT the answer. So... WHY was this synchronized with DropBox?

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
The database that I attached is true that it is in Dropbox (on the store's computer). When I have copied it to my computer to work, the folder where I copy it is synchronized with Mega, and it also gives an error. But I do not think this is the problem, because we copied the database out of the Dropbox folder and it still failed.

Moreover, after removing all the data and commenting on the "On Error Resume Next", now it does not give us the problem, whether it is in the Dropbox folder or not.

As for users, we only have one. What happens is that this user is not an administrator. This is a Windows thing, since it does not allow you to become an administrator without making some changes before, which we have not done.

zelarra821

Registered User.
Local time
Hopefully the screenshot will explain the point I was making

As well as yours, I have just opened 2 others with similar issues
Another was password protected with no password originally supplied!

Ahhh, okay. But you can see that if you enter by pressing Shift.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Ahhh, okay. But you can see that if you enter by pressing Shift.

Which of course I did and more ... in order to view the code.
All I'm saying is that if you want assistance, don't add unnecessary hurdles to us providing it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom