Hello world! (1 Viewer)

CanuckBuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:03
Hello;

My "Name" is CanuckBuck (here at least :))

I've been tinkering with MS Access for a while now but I confess, I'm not very good at it. I am learning though! Always willing to learn and grow.

Most of my experience is in SQL Server. I feel very comfortable there.

About five years ago I hastily built an Access Data Project in MS Access 2010 connected to a SQL Server database. It was only supposed to be a stop-gap solution. It only needed to last about a year... This solution now supports about 250 users geographically dispersed over the province of Alberta, Canada.

This solution now looks like it will need to last at least another two years.

Because it was hastily built, purposely using as little code as possible, it's now exhibiting some dramatic performance problems. We're also in the process of upgrading to Windows 10 and MS Access 2019 so an adp is not going to work any longer. I'm in the process of converting the solution to a .accdb

I'm looking forward to learning here and maybe along the way I'll even have something to contribute myself.

Wayne

Crazy Canuck
Local time
Today, 08:03
Welcome to AWF. (From a fellow Canuck!)

Wayne

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:03
Welcome, and I'm sure you have seen advice here regarding use of SQL Server as a back end for an Access front-end. The limit on simultaneous users only applies to Access back ends, because the front ends (if done correctly) are only one user each anyway. So when you are converting things, your SQL Server back end might help you with performance issues anyway.

Best of luck and welcome.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:03
Hi. Welcome to the forum!

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:03
Likewise welcome from another Canuk, but not from Hogtown. Hope you don't mind us Easterners chiming in sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom