Run-time Syntax Error (1 Viewer)

essaytee

Need a good one-liner.
Local time
Today, 20:03
Hi JHB,

Please find attached a copy of my database with dummy data. I still can not figure out why it is not opening.

Essay_Tee - Excuse my ignorance, I typed in the Debug.Print Statement - what is this supposed to do ?

thank you everyone for your help.

Code:
Debug.Print "Show this message"
Will merely print, "Show this message" in the immediate window. It is a very useful tool when trying to debug code. Debug.print strMsg will display whatever strMsg holds.

Can't check your db at the moment, still at work, will check later.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 10:03
Don't know why you say it doesn't work, by me it does!

Attachments

• Doubleclick.jpg
    Doubleclick.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 251

Aimn_4U

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:03
Hi JHB,
Thank you so much for your assistance. You are not going to believe what was stopping mine from opening.
At work we have Laptop docks and then 2 screens attached. IT let us know that when we press shutdown the laptop only goes to sleep. At the advise from a lady from work after reading your post above, she told me to do a full restart on my computer and HALLELUJAH ! It worked.
I absolutely cannot believe it.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:03
Ah, the "ragged" sleep syndrome. This is a problem in the way your system's power-saver policy is defined. I've seen it before. Something about sleeping and then waking up again isn't quite right but I've never found the exact setting either.

Aimn_4U

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:03
Thank you all so much for your Assistance.
I do have one other question to ask.
I have a combo box set up with a list in it and once the correct detail is selected it puts it into a text box. Is there a code that i can do so they are able to double click a detail, it adds it to the text box, and they can then select another one and it also adds this to the text box.
Essentially I would like them to be able select multiple options to add to the text box, which then saves this details into my table.

So far I have used:

Private Sub Course_Major_Stream_Code_Change()
Me.Specific_to_Curtin_Major_or_Course = Me.Course_Major_Stream_Code(1)
End Sub

This works but only allows for one option.

Thank you

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:03
OK, TWO comments:

First: If you are trying to build a string this way, you would add to a given text sequence using the "&" operator.

Code:
Me.TargetString = Me.TargetString & ", " & NewSourceItem

You would have to use the Form_Current event or some other event to erase the target string once you had used it and were done with it.

Second: Normally, if you are somehow associating some list of values with some individual entity, you don't concatenate strings. Instead, you create a child table that enumerates the individual strings using a foreign key in the list elements that points back to the course info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom