Access db/web server settings... (1 Viewer)

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Today, 01:45
Refresh my memory, what's the setup secret in IIS (or wherever) to get Access to cooperate with Dreamweaver (or anything)? I make my connection string via the old .udl file trick, click 'test connection' and it tests good, but when I try to create a recordset...I get ***no tables***. When I try to expand the tables node, I get 'none'.

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
This is a dreamweaver-only problem. I can make an asp page that connects fine, but I can't get the database to interact with dreamweaver during design. (Shows db in DW, but cannot view tables.) I checked/changed the IUSR_Server permissions for read/write access. !!!????

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
is there a Dreamweaver user?

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
No. I have an ASP.NET user, though...I gave him proper permissions.
sidenote:
You know I got all into the Visual Web Developer 2005 and the .NET 2.0 Framework over the last week...
Well, I emailed our Enterprise Server person today, and they currently have NO plans to upgrade to the 2.0 Framework. So, I am back in VS 2003 now, and it really sucks compared to the 2005 stuff. I am also getting SO CONFUSED!

Kodo

"The Shoe"
Local time
ack!! 2003 is truly a step in the wrong direction.. you should also tell your server person that techincally it's not an upgrade since 2.0 is resides side by side with 1.1 as per MS specifications.

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
So, if they load the 2.0 Framework, will it cause any problems with legacy sites/pages already on the server?

Mind you, this is the military...everything has to be evaluated on a software test bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom