Game and Simulation Programming (1 Viewer)

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 03:31
I've recently taken up a huge interest in game and simulation programming as it's something I've always wanted to try since I was in grade school. I've began looking around at colleges and schools in my area that offer classes in this field, or something similar. Does anyone have any recommended readings or programs that I should check out to help me learn and study?

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
There was a 500+ level grad class in my curriculum..."Simulation of Physical Systems" was a good intro for programming "natural" algorithms.

Cosmos75

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:31
Vassago,

Not an answer to your question but I thought it might be interesting.

Microsoft Game Studio Express (Beta 2)
The XNA team is proud to announce the availability of the XNA Game Studio Express Beta 2, aimed at helping students and hobbyists build games for Windows and the Xbox 360. This release is targeted at Windows game development only, and contains several changes from the previous release.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Cosmos75 said:
Vassago,

Not an answer to your question but I thought it might be interesting.

Microsoft Game Studio Express (Beta 2)

Yeah, I was reading up on that when they released it. Seems to be a pretty nice little tool, but I'm wondering what the catch is. Do they own anything you create...etc.

570rm47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:31
dont know if this anything like what you are talking about but i have had a chance a long time ago to use a motion capture suit with 3dmax and then use dynamics simulation with some interesting results

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom