Dungeons and Dragons Online (1 Viewer)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 04:30
So who here is excited about the DDO MMORPG that comes out today? It's free! I am so psyched and I can't wait to play it after I get home from work.....

Yes, I am a nerd! But who cares, it helps me to stay young.....:p

Edit: Ok...it's just an expansion, but still way cool!

Last edited:

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 05:30
I tried out the original when it first came out, I wasn't very impressed. I don't care for the Ebberon campaign setting, and I don't think they captured the essence of the D&D game in their MMORPG.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Hmmm. I haven't played it yet, I originally thought this was the original release, till I read somemore about it on the internets this morning. I'll post what I think tomorrow after I've had the change to play it tonight.

Local time
The idea of playing D&D online is appealing. Of course, it would take time away from my massive hours on WoW.

Funny thing is, D&D is what got me into computers in the first place. Back when I started playing D&D at a table with a bunch of other nerd, computers weren't all the rage and I thought that computers had a great future with gaming (really I was tired of rolling so many dice and trying to interpret the results).

If it's really free, I might try it out. Maybe this weekend.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
The idea of playing D&D online is appealing. Of course, it would take time away from my massive hours on WoW.

Funny thing is, D&D is what got me into computers in the first place. Back when I started playing D&D at a table with a bunch of other nerd, computers weren't all the rage and I thought that computers had a great future with gaming (really I was tired of rolling so many dice and trying to interpret the results).

If it's really free, I might try it out. Maybe this weekend.

I've never played D&D, well a little once, but with a group of newbies. I did the WoW trial, and while I like it, I have a hard time grouping up with people. I like having people around to chat with and do things with, but like to do most things by myself. So I don't think that's the best game for me. Also I don't want to pay all that for a game, the most I ever payed was for Runescape, (Which I love) I think the D&D is free, at least to a certain point. I am sure there are a lot more features in the subscribed version. With WoW it's all or nothing, your either completely into it, pay a lot of money for it, or you can't play at all. :( But I did like the Wow atmosphere and the skills it allowed you to build.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I finally got to play this game some last night. And.....I think I love it! It allows for solo play, and you can hire "hirelings" to play with you, so if you don't necessarily want to be tied down to other people you can! Also, I didn't have to spend 30-40 dollars on the game plus $20 a month for a subscription like I would with WoW. I can subscribe to this game if I want, and it is only $14 a month....YAY!!!!!

I am glad it is the weekend, as I have plenty of time to play it!!!

Local time
WoW is $15.99/month. I've found that WoW saves me money. I'm not as inclined as I used to be to go out and find other, more expensive, forms of entertainment.

HaroldIII

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:30
WoW is $15.99/month. I've found that WoW saves me money. I'm not as inclined as I used to be to go out and find other, more expensive, forms of entertainment.

Just an FYI.... I started as a F2P (Free To Play)...character, Loved it, now Im a VIP P2P (Pay to Play) and love it more... Got rid of WoW $15.99 per month DDO is only 9.99 per month.

Not to mention the DDO store, where you can purchase things for your character with coins you can either pay for or earn.

WWW.DDO.COM

570rm47

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:30
Hey Kryst id be keen on an update as to what you think of the game now you got a few more hours up after all the best games handle the test of time

aimooy

Local time
Today, 02:30
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited (DDO) is an action-packed fantasy MMORPG based on the D&D tabletop role-playing game that appeared early in 1974 and has been the inspiration of nearly all fantasy titles ever since. - mmohunter

kipcliff

Registered User.
Local time
Still fun to play, but GW2 seems to be drawing away a lot of players... for now.

They'll be back.

They always come back. ;)

breese

Registered User.
Local time
My dad used to play this game a whole lot, it was okay imo. I personally prefer WoW, but I don't play that anymore either. I don't know why, but WoW captured my attention at a young age... I mean, I've been playing Warcraft games since I was like 5. I'm only 19 afterall. I played all the way through each Warcraft game, and then World of Warcraft for like 5 years. Haha. Nerdy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom