RPG Maker? (1 Viewer)

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 07:12
This thread sure got off topic quickly, lol.

FYI: Squaresoft/Enix lost their RPG crown right around Final Fantasy 3 (American version). That game was awesome, as were the two before it, but the final fantasy series plummeted after that.

Bioware is currently the undisputed RPG king. The best sword and sorcery type RPG to date IMO, not considering the nostalgia effect, is Dragon Age. If you love RPGs, and you have not played Dragon Age, do it. You will not regret it.

As far as RPG Maker is concerned, I only ever toyed around with the Playstation version. It was quite fun.

Vas, if you ever put together a game with the computer version of RPG Maker, I'd be happy to playtest it, time willing.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 06:12

FYI: Squaresoft/Enix lost their RPG crown right around Final Fantasy 3 (American version). That game was awesome, as were the two before it, but the final fantasy series plummeted after that.

Bioware is currently the undisputed RPG king. The best sword and sorcery type RPG to date IMO, not considering the nostalgia effect, is Dragon Age. If you love RPGs, and you have not played Dragon Age, do it. You will not regret it.

As far as RPG Maker is concerned, I only ever toyed around with the Playstation version. It was quite fun.

Vas, if you ever put together a game with the computer version of RPG Maker, I'd be happy to playtest it, time willing.

I am superexcited.... I am going to play Final Fantasy 7 this weekend some, I haven't played it yet.... :D

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:12

I would hardly say the series plummeted after that. It depends on what you base it on. Final Fantasy VII by popularity is one of the best selling RPGs of all time. It's also looked at as one of the best. I would rank it up there, but not nearly as high as VI (III in the US). We agree on that respect.

I've loved every one of them. I think they have all offered something unique and new to the RPG world. IMO, Squaresoft was better before the joining with Enix, but they still make excellent games and probably lead the genre. Kingdom Hearts was amazing too, even though it was more of an AB RPG (active battle, like Zelda).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom