Tables/RelationShip Questions. (1 Viewer)

X-Faith

Local time
Today, 02:18
Tables/RelationShip Questions.

Well i took a Flat table, and tried to convert it to multi-table. :). Both are in the database so i can refer to them, but i dont know if i set it up right, and have the right sort of relationship. Basically im trying to make a Trouble Call Log for Computer.

I have these tables.

Customer
Computer
Buildin
Problem
Solution
Trouble Call
Help_Desk Person

Well i will try to post the file here in case anyone has some time to take a quick glance at it. Reading an Access book right now trying to get a better understanding of everything.

Attachments

• tczip.zip
    80.1 KB · Views: 105

dcx693

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:18
Doesn't look bad. You do have things broken down into logical tables. I designed a similar database a while ago. While your database seems to center around each computer, my database centered around the problem tickets. After all, it's the problem that is related to a solution and the problem that is related to a call number. It's not the computer that is directly related to a problem solution. But it really depends on how you plan to use it.

One suggestion, I would change the Customer table to include an auto number field and base the join to the computer table on that field. People often change their last names (when they get married). Also change the default join of the Trouble Call Number database to a one to many to the Computer table. While were at it, you need to include a problem comment field in there somewhere. You can have generic problems and solutions that you code to the computer, but no field where a person could type in comments.

X-Faith

Local time
Today, 02:18
K thx for the help/suggestion, took them and did some more "editing" :) heheh. Almost looks good, but now i dont know if the TC/Problem/Solution are set right? everything else looks good. Well if you have some time again i would appreciate a second look. Thx for your time.

Dave

Attachments

• tczip2.zip.zip
    68.4 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom