Why I do not watch the news (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 01:18
A few weeks ago, I subscribed to a YouTube Channel called History Buffs and although I think the narrator cannot completely keep his bias separate (he IS human after all), I really respect his efforts and opinions.

I was watching this one this morning and had a pleasant surprise at the end of his documentary.

Caution, this is a VERY inflammable video which can spark some heated discussion, but if we can’t have a place where we can talk about this, then what the hell is this forum for?

It has an anti-US Government Theme that will give CE a lot of ammo and pleasure, but the truth is the truth...enjoy!

https://youtu.be/d732rPkjqOU

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 01:18
Additionally, I intentionally avoid the posts about gun violence and anti-gun laws in the US for a number of reasons - first and foremost is that most people just simply will not change their minds once an opinion has been formed.

Guilty as charged.

In that light I just do not want to waste my time re-stateing what has already been stated only to find out that nothing has changed.

The juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

I personally do not own any guns. I just never saw the need for one; I do not hunt and I have never been in fear enough to prompt me to buy one. Also, I am afraid of my temper - it is quick and fierce and I do not trust myself to act rationally if I had one at the wrong time. My temper is also very short-lived and I almost completely forgive immediately. It is that short time in between and my actions could not be un-done that I fear.

All that being said, it is the final minutes of that video that explains why I will defend the right to own guns: Our government is foul - and if the members of this forum think theirs is any different, then by all means continue to live in your dream world.

The only reason the US is making headlines is because we are having our turn at bat. And in the end, we will strike out and muck it up just as yours once did and the next batter's history books will attempt to explain where we went wrong.

Until then, I truly believe that a Government should fear it's people, not the other way around. If only one side is armed, then it is a no-brainer which side has the advantage.

If this means that I have to endure shootings like Las Vegas, Sandy Hook etc., then so be it. It is a risk I am willing to make at this time.

Perhaps if I were to lose someone near and dear to me, my stance my soften. I hope I never have to find out.

Until that time, I will use my one vote to keep them in the hand of citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom