Record Table Alteration (1 Viewer)

Earl C Phillips

Volunteer Programmer
Local time
Today, 08:03
I am a volunteer programmer in a regional food bank to feed the hungry. I wrote a volunteer-scheduling application to keep track of the 4000 volunteers every month. Someone is altering the tables directly rather than through the forms. How can I capture the delete event directly too a table or row and capture who is doing it, or stop the deletion? I have a function that captures the ID of whoever is in the system but cannot figure how to capture the event procedure for when a table or row is deleted. When I find out how, I will write the record and the ID doing it to a journal file to capture their identity.

I already have a journal in place for creations and deletions of records from within the forms. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:03
How can I capture the delete event directly

To my knowledge you can’t, however I sit here waiting tongue in cheek for someone to prove me wrong! They usually do.

The only thing I could suggest which might work is write a routine that counts the number of records in the table, have a form with a timer event triggered every minute or so to run this routine, if the number of records goes down, hence someone has deleted a record, then note the names of people that have access to the database at that moment and hopefully this will enable you to eliminate the innocent and find the guilty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom