Use TransferSharePointList And Pass Credentials (1 Viewer)

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:37
I have linked SharePoint tables into an access database, and for some reason now anytime I want to access the linked SharePoint table it asks for username and password.
Which equates to DomainName\username and password is domain password

Is there a way to pass this information in VBA instead of having to manually re-link the tables and input the info each time?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. You shouldn't have to manually relink the tables. If you want to refresh the links, you can simply right-click on any linked SharePoint table and refresh from there. The login credentials requirement is set up in SharePoint. It should have a certain timeframe set up to ask for the password again. So, if you're simply working in your front end, you could still periodically asked to login again.

GC2010

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. You shouldn't have to manually relink the tables. If you want to refresh the links, you can simply right-click on any linked SharePoint table and refresh from there. The login credentials requirement is set up in SharePoint. It should have a certain timeframe set up to ask for the password again. So, if you're simply working in your front end, you could still periodically asked to login again.

I am refreshing the tables via a button click on the form, so a user does not have direct access to the "standard" database view. I was hoping in a perfect world, situation 1) Access VBA could grab the error code saying we need credentials (or based off amount of time it's taking to get data) and have a form ask the user for there username and password

But I do realize I am asking a lot of VBA here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom