Golf vacation in Spain (1 Viewer)

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:41
My wife and I are considering spending some time in southern Spain this spring, possibly including some golf (I enjoy the game, but she doesn't like to vacation without it). I wondered if anyone had any experience with the area that could give us some pointers. I've read that it's a popular destination for UK people. We're actually considering retiring there, so this is to some extent a scouting trip. We're also thinking about renting an apartment or something, rather than staying in a hotel.

Thanks!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:41
If you are retiring there be very careful. Prices of property has plummeted, and people are well and truly stuck there unable to sell. Building work has virtually stopped due to the Spanish economic problems.

Don't buy off-plan, and be very careful that if you do buy make sure there is no flooding or family feud rights over the land the house is built on.

Spanish property law is a weird and wonderful thing, but not on the side of the buyers.

We have had many TV programmes here warning of huge dangers, people have lost thousands through no fault of their own.

Col

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:41
Thanks Col, I appreciate the words of wisdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom