Thanks button added (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:32
I have added a button that you can click to thank a member if you think it is deserved. Make good use of it!

It took me all day to sort out because some of the templates are not default. Consequently, the "hook" system vbulletin employs could not attach this hack.

Anyway, I think its all working ok now but let me know if you have any problems.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Jon

I have been thanked a couple of times in other posts, how do I find out which posts contain the thank you?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Go to your profile page, then statistics panel. Its in there. Find all thanked posts.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I suspect that this button will sign the death warrant of the rep points, but it does mean that newbies can contribute and who knows maybe even Excel posters may use it.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
.......maybe even Excel posters may use it.

Brian

Nope guess not, but I did get this which is far better than a simple button click.

brian your the man, thankyou for the following

a=being patient
b=doing my coding
c=not giving up on me

i will be able to save over 30minutes a day now ..

again i cant thank you enought

top bloke..

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 14:32
I see one Thanked post, but when I try to view the post that was thanked through the statistics panel, it shows no posts. Do you know what may cause this?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Thanks means you thanked somebody, probably doesn't show those.

Brian

Edit Just checked and as Adam has already said it does show them.

Last edited:

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 14:32
I see one Thanked post, but when I try to view the post that was thanked through the statistics panel, it shows no posts. Do you know what may cause this?

Brian's on the right track. You Thanked 1 post (which happened to be Jon's initial post in this very thread.) You can see it by clicking in your profile for "See all posts thanked by Vassago".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom