T Shirt totals (1 Viewer)

PeggyC09

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:52
Please note I have limited time in the office but need some help with this. I PROMISE to get back to this thread.... as soon as possible.

I'm trying to figure out how to submit an order for shirts from a table that has name, size, and extra shirts. SIMPLE!

I have to create a doc to send to the company for shirt orders. (see attached spreadsheet that was calculated manually)

I can create a query that adds up the number of small shirts. But I don't know how to create one that adds up smalls, and mediums and larges separately (like the attached spreadsheet which was done manually). Can I calculate for the different sizes in one query? I have tried to use a calculated field but it keeps returning an error.

Attachments

• Shirt Order.xlsx
    12.3 KB · Views: 71

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:52
Assuming your data is properly normalized -
ShirtType, Size, Quantity

You can use the crosstab query wizard to make a spreadsheet that looks similar to what you posted - sans the coloration

The results of the wizard would NOT repeat the headers. It would show one row of headers with numerous rows of Type and the counts by size with a total (on the left. you will have to move it if you want it on the right)

PeggyC09

Registered User.
Local time
I will try that. Still trying to figure these out.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:52
simple sample for you, view query1

Attachments

• aatemp.accdb
    396 KB · Views: 79

PeggyC09

Registered User.
Local time
I took this sample (which was almost perfect....) and I made some changes. If you look at it, the notable changes are I added 2 fields in the personnel table. First the "role" and then the "print." These are essential for the order since Staff (role) gets a blank (print) pink shirt.

I'm confused how to get this query to tell me how many supervisor shirts and volunteer shirts I will need for beer garden.

The structure of this shirt order is
Color (4 colors)... then "print" (determined by role)
All colors have at least 2 different things printed. (pink has 6)

Help! This is tough for a newbie!

simple sample for you, view query1

Attachments

• aatemp.accdb
    672 KB · Views: 76

PeggyC09

Registered User.
Local time
OK... thanks for your patience if you were helping! I think I got it after more studying it! Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom