Noob who knows how to copy n paste :) (1 Viewer)

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:11
hi everybody.

I've finally found the joys of MS Access, I say joys as that only happens when it works - other than that it is the hardest piece of software I've ever used.

I've taken the templates from MS themselves and manipulated them to do what I want, but my business has now outgrown them and so I've decided to start again with another template and import the data already accrued.

Please bear in mind I'm a noob with very basic knowledge of what Access will do an have become infuriated with the lack of specific info on the net, so am hoping that you guys & gals can help - Many thx in advance.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:11
of you only know how to copy and paste Boch, then you might learn more keyboard shortcuts while you're here too. just the other day I went into my landlord's office and the clerk was having trouble reading the bottom of a document I sent her or something, so I told her to print the screen, paste the image in mspaint and print it that way. I told her what shortcut keys to use in windows and she was able to read what she needed. she says to her boss: "hey I learned something new today, can I go home?".

and of course the answer was NO. welcome.

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers Adam,

I have a question but unsure where to post.
Am trying to pick up how Access works as I go through my working day (more of user than a programmer tbh).

In one of the standard contact templates, there is a map button which takes the address & opens Bing maps with that location.
I would like to replicate that feature in another DB.

Where can I post this question in detail please?

TIA

PS: I find that I learn better by doing rather than ppl doing it for me :D

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome aboard. We aren't real picky about where questions are posted; I'd suggest General or Modules & VBA.

Boch

Registered User.
Local time
Welcome aboard. We aren't real picky about where questions are posted; I'd suggest General or Modules & VBA.

Cheers, on it.
Hopefully the Admin or Mod will move if posted in the wrong place.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:11
Boch, welcome to AWF!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:11
You might be able to learn to search for what you want since this forum does have a fair (not great) in-forum search. In the thin ribbon like a menu bar near the top of the page, SEARCH is 3rd from the right.

I don't know about Bing maps but we have had some Google map questions that you could perhaps find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom