Web app query question (1 Viewer)

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:44
I have a query based on a single table and for some reason when I view the results they are not able to be edited. In other similar table/query set ups, this is not the case. What am I missing or do I need to change to make it possible to edit the table, i.e. add records when using this query in a view.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:44
if you posted the query, it might give us a clue as to why you can't edit it - perhaps you are using distinct or group by?

GingGangGoo

Registered User.
Local time
if you posted the query, it might give us a clue as to why you can't edit it - perhaps you are using distinct or group by?

No neither of those. Just a query based on a table.

AccessJunkie

Senior Managing Editor
Local time
Hi,

For the benefit of others reading this thread, I should point out that the person who posted the question is using an Access web app. In Access web apps, you cannot switch to SQL view for queries as you can with desktop applications. So there is not a way for the person to post the SQL of the query to analyze if you wanted to see that.

Just so I'm clear on your context here, this is an Access 2013 web app, correct? This is not a Access 2010 style web database, right? There are big differences between the two so I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least two reasons why the query is not editable if you're just basing the query off a single table:

1. You did not include the ID value of the table in the query output. Access needs that value to know which record to update in your query.

2. This table is a linked SharePoint list within your web app. You cannot edit the data in a linked SharePoint list from within the Access 2013 web app context. If you try and make a query off the table it is the same result - it won't be editable.

Are either of those two issues at play here with your scenario?

--------------------
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumnus
Senior Content Developer - Office Content Development Team - Microsoft Corporation

Author - Microsoft Access 2013 Inside Out
Author - Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Access 2007/2010/2013 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/Copyright/Default.aspx
----------

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom