Ie9 Beta 32bit Problems (1 Viewer)

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:15
I just tried installing ie9 beta on Windows Vista 32bit and it would not load a single page, one would describe as a bit of a show-stopper. There seems to be an issue with Explorer Add-ons.

Ironically, I had to use Firefox to try and fix the problem. Lets hope there will be a betta version. I have never had a problem with Firefox or Chrome, it
takes Microsoft to really fu©Σ it up.

Simon

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:15
Are you sure you have the hardware to use it? From what I read you really have to have real new equipment for it to work.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
There is no point providing versions for virgins. You and I haven't seen one for a long time!

Simon

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:15
There is no point providing versions for virgins. You and I haven't seen one for a long time!

Simon

Well, an Article on PCMag (I think) said - it isn't likely to have a big market share for quite some time because it cannot run on WinXP and it must have the newer equipment that uses a newer something on the graphics card (can't remember what it was they said it was).

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Bob

I un-installed it PDQ although ie8 maybe Captain Slow at least it is Captain Go!

Simon

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:15
I just tried installing ie9 beta on Windows Vista 32bit and it would not load a single page

Do you have all the required components installed? Vista requires SP2, Platform Update and IE8, and bear in mind it is still in beta ;)

boblarson said:
it must have the newer equipment that uses a newer something on the graphics card

Hardware accelerated canvas by any chance? This is related to HTML5 which uses the GPU to render graphics within the browser without the need for specific plugin's etc. though you shouldn't need a new graphics card (minimum spec is a 233mhz CPU and a SVGA graphics card).

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply Minkey, all I wanted to do is to see if IE had caught up with some of css3 elements but they don't seem to be supported on ie9 either.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom